A well-established masonry company with more than 20 years of experience in construction. Val Mar Construction Inc is your go-to company for all your construction needs. With hundreds of finished projects, we put quality and experience in every job that we do.
We specialize in brick work, blockwork, complete renovations, and rebuilds. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail, focus on customer service and keeping within the client’s budget.
Currently we are looking for an experienced professional Bricklayer who is hard-working and trustworthy to join our crew of professionals. Please keep in mind, that this is a physically demanding position that requires body strength and resilience. The chosen applicant should be ready to travel across the GTA, since all the work is performed on client’s sites.
- Evaluate, prepare, and mark targeted surfaces,
- Finalize design and materials to be used,
- Cut and fasten underlay, underpadding and even out surfaces
- Construct and install prefabricated masonry units
- Read and understand instructions of layout drawings/blueprints,
- Use masonry panels, casts, blocks, and other materials to construct and maintain walls conducting moisture,
- Cut and trim bricks and concrete blocks to specification using hand and power tools
- Install of transitions and intricate stone patterns as per customer requests,
- Carry and dispose of existing bricks and other waste materials, and if applicable, reuse or repair existing bricks to save customers time and resources,
- Work with natural cut stone like granite, limestone, and marble;
- Use manual and power tools such as brick splitters, jointers, point trowels and more.
Compensation and Conditions:
- This is a permanent full-time position, with scheduled weekdays shifts and occasional weekend shifts.
- Occasional overtime may be required with applicable overtime pay after 44 hours of work per week,
- Wage offered: $40.00 hour for 35 hours per week.
- Some high school education (no diploma required)
- At least 4 years of experience in brick and/or stone laying, with specialization in traditional and modern designs
- Relevant certification is an asset (e.g. carpentry, construction, bricklaying, etc.)
- Driver license is an asset
- Knowledge of the European stone layering techniques is an asset
Main office: 83 Rosemount Drive, Scarborough, Ontario, M1K 2X4. Please note that you will be asked to travel to project sites. All expenses will be covered by the company.
If you comply with all the requirements, please apply with your resume by email at email@example.com Please include references and be specific about your previous experiences.
Please visit our website at http://www.valmarconstruction.ca/ to know more about our services.