We are Systematix and we are currently looking for a self-motivated Build Configuration Engineer to be a significant contributor to the Product Development team with one of our Life Science clients.
Mandatory to have background in C#/.NET and strong experience with TeamCity
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
Our client is one of North America’s leading Scientific Test and Measurement organizations, with offices worldwide. Due to its ever-expanding technology footprint, providing best in class software solutions for the equipment they design and manufacture, the future of its development technology roadmap needs a guiding hand.
As a Build Configuration Engineer, you will champion the evolution of our team and systems within the Software Engineering Organization. You will own, evolve and maintain configuration management (CM) processes, continuous integration builds, and development environments. You will be responsible for scripts that control those processes for building .NET-based products. You will define and deploy source control management strategies as well as other processes and tools required for successful configuration management within a medical device development environment.
Specifically, your responsibilities in this role are:
- Quickly and effectively identify and resolve issues that heavily impact CI/CD system (immediate mitigation of impact, long-term resolution including strategies for risk mitigation/monitoring/alert for proactive resolution of potential future occurrences)
- Design, develop, unit test and implement build automation scripts including environment configuration validation processes
- Automate and improve development process by evaluation and introduction of new tools and scripts, and manage their life cycle and validation
- Determine branching strategy and maintain branches for various components, products and product lines
- Come up with solutions to open-ended problems that focus on workflow improvements for Software department
- Address issues with well-defined requirements efficiently; come up with short-term and long-term solutions and staged deployment strategies
- Communicate with and consider perspectives of stakeholder including but not limited to: IT, software development, verification
- Break down a problem into smaller components and solve them in logical, controlled, clearly explainable approach
- Lead the creation and maintenance of a pre-production environment as a test bed for build process improvements and changes before deployment to the production environment
- Gather metrics via direct input, data based on analysis of developer working habits analysis and pain points to assess current state and areas requiring further improvement
- Define chain of communication and immediate paths of action in the case of a build fault state
- Ability to work within constraints of internal network without access to commercial cloud solutions
- Create metrics that define ‘efficiency’ and ‘reliability’ in measurable terms, and track them
- Perform static code and security analysis
- Design and execute unit tests and perform code coverage analysis
- Working with virtual machines and build management on virtual machines (VMware preferred).
- Managing configurations for multiple build environments
- Creation and maintenance of monitoring and alert systems (Zabbix)
- Familiarity with databases (SQL-based) - create, modify, optimize (via script)
- Troubleshooting and debugging-- what information to gather when there are issues with CI/CD system, and how to gather it (i.e., analyzing network communication? Windows crash dumps, java logs, etc.)
- Data and metrics gathering, aggregation, and reporting
- Experience with work management and documentation tools: JIRA and Confluence
ABOUT THE REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years (minimum) experience handling Build, Release and Deployment of software on Windows and/or Linux environments, including experience with TeamCity
- 5+ years (minimum) in web/desktop application software development experience
- Strong team player who understands SDLC and QA methodologies
- A professional, results-oriented individual with a high degree of self-motivation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to coordinate work/activities with multiple software/IT teams
- Experience with development and deployment of CM processes and tools
- Experience building automation for .NET using TeamCity (Jenkins is an asset)
- 4+ years hands-on programming experience with C# and .NET (both Framework and Core)
- Experience with Scripting languages: Windows batch scripting, Powershell, Ant/NAnt
- Source control systems usage, branching strategies and workflow (Git preferred, Subversion)
- Experience with OS administration and scripting experience (Windows is a must, Linux desired)
- Experience with test automation tools (NUnit, customer inhouse frameworks) and strategies is an asset
- Prior experience in Agile development team environment
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is a 6 month contract position, located in our client’s North Toronto offices (remote in current environment), with the strong possibility of extension.
If you are interested in finding out more please contact us or submit your resume to email@example.com.
Systematix is one of Canada’s largest privately owned National Consulting and Resourcing firms. With offices across Canada, we provide the highest caliber consulting solutions to hundreds of Regional, National, Provincial and Federal Government clientele.
Systematix, we pride ourselves in taking care of our consultant partnerships - by doing the little things that matter - like taking the time to get to know you, knowing when an opportunity is the perfect fit, informing you every step of the way, and building the foundation for long term relationships. We do the same with out clients, concerning ourselves more with the project than the position, so that we have the information you need to ensure an opportunity is right for you. We only work with people who enjoy making a difference.
At Systematix, we bring people and projects together!