Since 1993 we have steadily increased our workforce through internal promotions and hiring new staff.
As an employer of choice in the commercial real estate market, we recruit and retain the most talented people and then develop their skills to make sure they are well positioned to achieve their long-term career objectives and to grow within the company.
We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team. Is that you?
We are currently on the lookout for a Building Operator to join the Operations team at our 90 Elgin St. location!
As a Building Operator you will be a member of the team ensuring that the building is being managed and maintained in a safe, presentable and environmentally friendly manner. GWLRA prides itself in ensuring our properties are managed to the highest level of operational efficiency. You will ensure the building is a true reflection of our practices, policies and is a strong representation of our core values.
Some of your other daily responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the efficient, effective and successful control of all base building equipment and systems such as chillers, boilers, centrifugal pumps and various air-handling systems etc
- Ensuring that cleanliness and housekeeping conditions are fully observed to only the highest standard.
Perform scheduled preventative maintenance using Angus PM system.
- Track and schedule work, ensuring all annual compliance testing and inspections are completed.
Manage tenant work order requests using the Angus TR system while ensuring tenants are satisfied with building operation matters
- Assist contractors in the completion of required tasks. Obtain estimates and quotations for proposed work in the building as required.
- Comply with business Health and safety policies such as participating in the H&S committee,
- Provide tour and inspection reports on an ongoing basis. Support the maintenance and ongoing improvement of WHMIS, RiskCheck, environmental, health and safety programs etc
- Ensure that all Corporate OH&S Policies, Procedures and Programs are implemented and strictly followed, including Environmental, Sustainability and Property Management Policies and Procedures. Perform water treatment chemical testing, critical system testing including chilled water back up, base building and tenant generators.
Maintain operator logs, checklists and inspections
- Actively participate in energy management practices for all mechanical and ventilation systems.
- 2 years plus experience in commercial property management operations
- A technical studies background in Building Environmental Systems (BES) or Building Science
- A strong knowledge of Building HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, BAS Systems and Life Safety Systems.
- Previous experience working with Angus (is preferred)
- A hands on mechanical and electrical professional with strong trouble-shooting skills
- Passion for sustainability and energy management
- A strong reflection of GWLRA’s values ISFIT – Integrity, Service, Fun, Innovation & teamwork
- Must have current Government of Canada Secret Level Clearance
Why work for us?
The selected candidate must be willing to share on-call duties as part of the rotation schedule, while providing standby support to on-call maintenance staff as required and to attend any after-hours emergencies as may be required from time to time
• We offer competitive compensation and a fantastic benefits program to meet your individual and family needs.
• We invest in employee development through superior professional development and training and access to financial support through an annual tuition reimbursement plan.
• We are proud to promote a culture of work-life balance and employee wellness offering support for employees in the areas of personal fitness, mental health, employee and family assistance.
• We are actively involved in the communities where we live and work.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know