Description: The position of Building Operator is critical to the operations of Northview’s commercial buildings.
- Routine building rounds and inspections of the property's systems and functionality
- Grounskeeping and occasional landscaping in all seasons, from time to time
- Maintenance and inspection of HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems
- Organize tools, supplies, ladders, etc.
- Supervise workers of various aptitude including maintenance workers, cleaners, laborers and contractors
- Travelling between buildings during working hours or on-call shifts
- Ensure safety standards are met and document safety policies and complete paperwork
- Assist the Manager in achieving a high standard of workmanship, time management and customer satisfaction
- Experience with Commercial and mixed used properties is considered an asset
- Must be flexible, organized and able to coordinate multiple projects at once
- Ideally have a good working knowledge of power tools, electrical systems, carpentry, plumbing, and maintenance
- Possession of or interest in obtaining a 5th Class Power Engineering Certification
- Strong communication and customer service skills, and a team player with a positive attitude
- Physical exertion including lifting and/or carrying 50lbs.
- Possess a valid driver’s license & criminal background check free of relevant convictions