At Aramark Canada, our people are important to us. Our 14,000+ team members coast to coast; deliver experiences that enrich and nourish thousands of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities and uniforms. To show our employees how much we appreciate their efforts, we do everything we can to make sure they feel included, supported and encouraged. Aramark Canada proudly partners with world class post-secondary institutions, world renowned hospitals, major league sports venues and leading global businesses. As part of a global team that spans 19 countries and has over 200,000 team members; we strive to achieve a safe, diverse and inclusive workforce that our employees can be proud of.
Learn more at www.aramark.ca
BUILDING SERVICES OPERATOR
A person who has the appropriate skills needed for the day to day maintenance and operation of large facilities that have complex heating, mechanical and electrical systems. Has specific knowledge of how to operate the facility that takes into consideration the interplay of building systems to maximize energy and resource efficiency, reduce waste, provide superior indoor air qualities, and the requirement of the building tenants.
Responsible for completing building maintenance tasks. Some of the duties include checking heating and cooling systems, making sure electrical equipment is running properly, performing minor repairs, conducting regular inspections, and making sure safety regulations are met.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable government regulations.
- Always comply with Client/ Aramark policies and procedures and ensure building standards and efficiencies are maintained.
- Always conduct yourself appropriately and present an acceptable appearance while on site performing the duties of the position.
- Perform and complete all assigned duties & responsibilities with minimum supervision as per agreed schedules.
- Work closely with Facility Manager and General Help Maintenance staff to ensure smooth building operations.
- Be familiar with all aspects of building operations including but not limited to HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, life safety, etc. and ensure all equipment and systems are operated in a safe and efficient manner and are in compliance with all applicable government codes and regulations.
- Conduct regular inspection and PLAN Preventive maintenance on all site mechanical, electrical, and HVAC systems and related equipment including but not limited to water treatment, boilers, heat pumps, rooftop units, air conditioners, etc. On daily/weekly basis and complete appropriate record logs to ensure equipment is maintained in good working order.
- Take daily readings of all major equipment including but not limited to air supply temperatures, water temperatures and pressure readings. document and inspect for irregularities and readings.
- Complete minor maintenance and repairs as required; including but not limited to belt and filter replacement, lamp replacement, housekeeping of common areas, washrooms, and plumbing repair work, etc.
- Conduct regular interior, exterior and roof inspections of properties for damage and perform or arrange repairs.
- Ensure signage and lighting is in good working condition.
- Maintain a list of up to date and accurate emergency contact information and regularly review the procedures for life safety, emergency response and the fire safety plan.
- Monitor building security system, fire alarm panel and sprinkler system regularly for proper operation and report any discrepancies.
- Ensure all health safety and security procedures are adhered to and areas of concern are reported to the appropriate parties in a timely manner in order to limit exposure to liability and loss.
- Inspect and test, fire protection equipment and systems at recommended intervals for proper operation in order to meet legislative requirements and ensure tenant and customer safety.
- Once approved by the Facility Manager, coordinate and schedule all required maintenance or repair/replacement with the appropriate subcontractor.
- Ensure service contracts are enforced, service levels are achieved, and contractors are adequately supervised when on site.
- Carry out or supervise execution of all preventative maintenance tasks as prescribed on all equipment and systems.
- Respond to occupant’s concern in a timely manner and assist in solving problems as required.
- Respond to after hour calls and or emergencies.
- Respond and assist with seasonal building requirements, including snow clearing, seasonal decorating etc.
- Maintain shop and equipment inventory, request replacement inventory as required.
- Complete any other duties as required by the organization’s standard.
- Conduct electrical work as permitted by the Canadian and Ontario Electrical Code (C22) subject to safety and training as specified by the code.
KEY COMPETENCIESTechnical ProficiencyInitiativeFlexibilityMulti-TaskingSense of UrgencyHealth and Safety oriented
QUALIFICATIONS• 3-5 years of experience in a similar role• Must have basic electrical skills • Familiarity with a CMMS system• Candidate must have excellent communication skills and exhibit a “can do” attitude• Certificate: Building Environmental Systems (BES1) & (BES2)• Experienced with general trades equipment.• Basic computing skills in Outlook, Excel and Word• Technical, vocational, or on-the-job training in at least one of the following areas:o HVAC, electrical, mechanical, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry, or engine repair
- PHYSICAL DEMANDSMust have ability to stoop, stand, climb, frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders) and safely install rigging/lifting devices
- Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine
- Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work
- Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you; ability to read and understand information presented orally and in writing
- Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, drawings, and schematics.
- May be only maintenance staff member on duty during certain shifts; may be required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments)
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request. The finalist candidate for this position will need to complete and successfully pass a Criminal Background Check and a Vulnerable Sector Screening (if the operations we service require this). If hired for this position, your continued employment with us would be conditional upon Aramark being satisfied that you have successfully cleared both these pre-conditions.