Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivalled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
How will you make an impact?
You will operate and maintain the site utility and facility environmental systems to ensure safety, compliance, optimum up-time and business continuity.
This role require the ability to work rotating shifts including weekends.
Schedule: Rotation shift every 2 weeks. Mon-Thurs at 10 hours. Fri, Sat & Sun at 12 hours.
What will you do?
1. Carries out planned Preventative Maintenance (PM) and Corrective Maintenance (CM) on all utility systems (chillers, boilers, compressors, industrial hot water system) and building support systems.
2. Operates and maintain Pressure Monitoring Systems (PMS) to ensure manufacturing rooms pressures are maintained within specifications at all times.
3. Operates and maintain the Building Automation System (BAS) and associated HVACs, to ensure environmental conditions in the manufacturing areas are within specifications at all times.
4. Operates and maintain the Purified Water System (PWS) to ensure continuous generation of purified water within specification.
5. Operates the life safety building system as required and ensures system is maintained as per code.
6. Works with the various stakeholders of the operation to ensure timely execution of equipment improvement and correction followed by proper documentation.
7. Acts as a resource to internal and external staff in organizing and facilitating equipment shutdown for engineering and other work.
8. Liaises with and supports external contractors to monitor activities and to ensure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Safety Regulations.
9. Deals with facility emergencies.
10. Ability to work a rotating shift as well as requirement to work during maintenance shutdowns.
How will you get there?
- Certificate in Building Technology/Facility Systems or related discipline.
- Stationary Engineer CL-II License, or Industrial Millwright License, or Industrial Electrician License.
- 2 years of previous building system technician in a controlled and regulated environment.
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of building mechanical systems/equipment such as boilers, chillers, compressors, Fire Alarm (FA), Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) is an asset.
- In this role it is essential to perform shift work.
- Proficiency with the English language. Familiarity with GMPs and Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) Regulations.
- Ability to deal confidently with internal and external clients.
- Good working knowledge of electropneumatics and pneumatics is desirable.
Work requires moderate physical exertion. Regularly lifts medium weight objects by hand. May require recurring bending, crouching, stretching, or reaching. Or may frequently operate equipment, including keyboard and must walk, sit, or stand immobile for prolonged periods. Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odours, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights. Frequent need to distinguish among or interpret a variety of sensory inputs that require attention to decode and identify.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.