Brandt Developments Ltd. has a position available for a Building Technologist in our Regina location.
- Prepare contract drawings, specifications, equipment schedules, cost estimates, details and sketches from conceptual design through to construction, for either Mechanical or Civil projects.
- Prepare Revit/AutoCAD drawings for Mechanical systems including layouts, schematics and construction details.
- Perform building thermal load, and various Mechanical Engineering calculations.
- Work with the design team to provide practical, efficient, and cost effective solutions for projects.
- Produce Engineering deliverables that meet Quality, Cost and Schedule requirements.
- Assist Project Lead and/or Construction Administrator during bidding & construction phases with coordinating addendum items, shop drawing review, respond to requests for information, design change documentation, site reviews.
- Assist Project Lead with and attend regular project meetings with client and consultants and/or contractors.
- Participate in regular meetings with Design Services Team members, conduct or coordinate all applicable code compliances.
- Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D for detailed design and drafting for municipal infrastructure and land development projects.
- Responsible for the design of Civil Engineering works (grading, storm water management, underground utilities and surface improvements) associated with subdivision and corporate projects according to Provincial and Municipal standards.
- Responsible for the design and detailing of Civil elements for all projects, including plans, technical details and specifications.
- Responsible to provide internal landscaping advice or coordinate with external Landscape Architect as sub consultants.
- Review and investigate preliminary Civil layout and Engineering options during the development planning process.
- Provide input to proposals, feasibility studies, design criteria, reports, preliminary design and Engineering specifications.
- Coordinate sub-consultants for planning, legal survey, geotechnical and consultant services.
- Preparation of cost estimates, tender contract documents and Engineering reports.
- Support the Design Team Leader as required, perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must have experience with Revit and preferably 3 years of work experience in a Consulting office. The successful candidate will have a Certificate in either Engineering Design & Drafting Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology or Civil Engineering Technology. Candidates will be required to work on multiple projects and collaborate with a team of Engineers, Architects and Technologists. Meticulous attention to detail, good communication skills, strong work ethic & positive team attitude, strong organizational skills and flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines all considered valuable assets.