Why work for Lafarge?
Lafarge in Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in the buildings, infrastructure and industrial segments. These solutions are built with high performance products from our cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, asphalt and road construction, and concrete products divisions. From the use of alternative materials and recycling to renewable energy, Lafarge's focus is to develop innovative products that can contribute toward sustainably constructed building solutions. Lafarge takes personal growth and development to heart, and provides resources for our employees to take control of their own careers. Through our commitment to communities, to the health and safety of our employees and their families, or through the many volunteer hours of our employees, Lafarge demonstrates our care for people. If you want to work in an environment that values hard work, entrepreneurship, and collaborative teamwork, Lafarge is for you. Building Better Cities is what we do. Come Build a Better Career with us! More information can be found at www.lafarge.ca/en/careers .
Lafarge Canada Inc. operating in the Ottawa/Eastern Ontario area has an opportunity for a Bulldozer Operator. Reporting to the Site Supervisor, the Bulldozer Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the equipment. The Operator performs rough or fine grade finishing, pushing material at overburden dump sites and construct road surfaces to precise grade specifications.
- Operate the bulldozer and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment
- Operate bulldozer controls to regulate height and angle of the blade
- Load and unload bulldozer from float truck
- On occasion, finish grade base surface preparation to within half an inch
- Perform work in either shop or outdoor construction site settings
- Ability to operate other heavy equipment would be an asset (Loader, excavator, Rock Truck...)
- Work with other field personnel
- Act in a courteous manner in order to project a positive company image
- Assist with other duties as required from time to time
- Willing to learn and take direction
- Must be able to communicate well with co-workers, customers, superintendents,
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies
- Multi-task and set priorities effectively
- Excellent hand, eye and foot coordination
- Maintain a high level of Housekeeping
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience within mining or construction industry
- 2 to 3 years’ experience operating a Bulldozer is required
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment is required.
- Work overtime and weekends as required
- Some company paid travel will be required from the Trenton to Gatineau areas
Why work for us?
Working for Lafarge offers a wide variety of career opportunities that utilize your abilities and skills to contribute to a better world. In addition to local and global developmental opportunities, we provide employees with competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits plan, a health & wellness program with financial incentives, an extensive global e-learning platform and much more! More information can be found at:
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Lafarge Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. In Ontario, our organization/business is committed to fulfilling our requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.