Now Hiring a Bus Monitor for Prescott, ON
Join our team today!
At First Student, our Bus Monitors are a constant reflection of our company’s commitment to safety and customer service. The Monitor/Aide is responsible for providing operational oversight, day-to-day management, and assists drivers in safe operation of routes.
At First Student, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Positive and rewarding work environment
- Safety is our priority!
- Knows the route and remains alert to monitor the welfare of passengers while in route
- Communicates behavior problems and conditions of various stops with the driver
- Assists in pre-trip and post-trip inspections of the bus
- Assists students in the loading and unloading process
- Cooperates and communicates with school personnel, students, and parents
- Attends all safety and training meetings
- Conducts emergency evacuation from the bus, including use of exiting by emergency door
- Opens and closes service doors and moves up and down steps multiple times daily
- Cleans the inside of the bus
- Assists driver when necessary to safely direct the vehicle backwards
Bus Monitor Required Experience and Skills:
- Good verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Early morning availability
- Judgement/problem solving skills
- Ability to manage high degrees of stress
First Student’s commitment to putting our customers first, dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable transportation makes for a working environment you’ll love. As a huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers worldwide, you’ll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and excellent training.
First Student is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.