Our client is looking to enhance and streamline its use of the Microsoft 365 platform to improve the collaboration among staff, board members and partners, while simultaneously supporting the client’s workflows and integrating effectively with other in-house IT systems.
The contractor will evaluate the IM/IT software needs of the organisation and determine the risks, cost estimates and implementation timelines of incorporating new IM/IT technologies, particularly Microsoft 365, GitHub, Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Voice solutions (i.e. Phone System, Business Voice) for the client’s staff and board members. While the client has started using and/or piloting certain software for its IM/IT needs, we expect a general costs and features comparison with other available software to ensure the client’s needs are met. The contractor will develop a business plan that will provide a strategy and plan to meet the IM/IT requirements of the client and will implement the new requirements from 2020 to 2025, beginning with the client’s requirements and expanding to the Boards.
- Minimum 5 years experience working on similar IM/IT projects
- Experience working with Microsoft 365 and other collaborative software’s (Azure, GitHub)
- Experienced in recommending IM/IT solutions and costing out an implementation plan
- Government SEcret Clearance is required
The contractor will conduct a needs and requirements assessment for the client as well as its Boards and Committees, with an objective to provide best-practice recommendations for improving collaboration and information management through the implementation of software and hardware solutions.
In developing recommendations for implementation, the contractor will need to consider carefully the binational and distributed nature of the client and its activities. Aspects of the organization that may require special consideration include:
- the requirement to purchase of software licenses separately through both US and Canadian sections;
- possible domestic regulatory requirements to store certain data on servers located in each country respectively;
- the need to meet the specific security requirements of both countries; and
- the diversity of the client’s board and committee membership with members from various state, provincial and federal agencies as well as from the public and indigenous communities.
In the course of developing the requirements assessment, the contractor will accomplish the following:
- Evaluate the performance of the Microsoft 365 pilot exercises, and provide best practices recommendations for these and future studies.
- Assess the client’s Section Offices’ requirements and provide best practices recommendations
- Assess the client’s storage infrastructure and provide storage recommendations.
- Assess the IM/IT requirements of the client’s Boards and Committees and provide best practices recommendations.
- Assess the telecommunication needs of the client, its Boards, Committees and Study Boards and provide recommendations.
- Provide an implementation solution summary report to address the requirements of the client, its Boards, Committees and Study Boards.