Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross is dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million Albertans and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do – and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Under direction of the Manager, the Business Analyst/Quality Assurance Team Manager is responsible for leading guiding, coaching, mentoring and managing a team of business analysts and quality assurance testers in the delivery and support of high-quality business systems solutions. This position serves as a liaison between the business areas and Information Technology.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Manage a team of business analysts and quality assurance testers in the daily maintenance, enhancement and continuous improvement of business policies, processes, procedures and underlying applications, information and technologies.
- Work with management and team members to ensure systems development efforts are aligned with business strategy.
- Recruit, coach and develop team members in ways that address both business and individual needs.
- Manage performance of the team and individuals through metrics and quality assurance reviews.
- Prepare plans, estimates, set priorities and allocate staff to service requests and projects in consultation with management.
- Participate and if needed lead cross-functional initiatives and committees.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the impact of system changes on business processes and bring the business perspective into development and enhancement of applications.
- Maintain up to date business and application knowledge.
- Keep abreast of industry standards and health informatics development as they relate to Alberta Blue Cross.
- Ensure business analysis standards are adhered to and contribute to the evolution of the business analysis practice.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Minimum of five years experience in providing leadership to a team of business analysts and quality assurance testers who provide business, technical and analytical services to internal customers.
- Completion of a technical institute or university diploma/degree program.
- Ability to function effectively both in day-to-day resource management functions as well as in a strategic leadership role.
- Demonstrated strength in planning, organizing and setting of priorities.
- Proven management and leadership skills including coaching, mentoring, relationship building, performance management and career development.
- Demonstrated competencies with all aspects of the project management life cycle.
- Proficiency in all phases of the System Development Life Cycle.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with business analysis and quality assurance methods, techniques and tools.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the testing life cycle.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated commitment to customer support.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products, including Microsoft Project, Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-oriented environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca.