Job TitleBusiness Applications Specialist
Job Description SummaryGeneral Description of Position:
Based at our Corporate Head Office, this position calls for an individual with strong organizational, analytical and computer skills and would ideally suit an individual who has strong Property Management Accounting Systems experience.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and implementation of software and process related improvements to Accounting applications
- Testing and implementation of Accounting applications such as enhancements to MRI automated recoveries.
- Ability to meet project deadlines when onboarding newly acquired properties to ensure set up of new properties in accordance
- with Property Management Agreement
- Responsible for Lease – Recovery setup and ensure recovery formulas are set accurately upon onboarding and special requests.
- Take a pro-active leadership role in ensuring accuracy and efficiency of recovery methods and effectiveness of
- Respond verbally and/or in written form to queries from both internal/external clients.
- Provide applications training at acquisition of new properties or implementation of new enhancements. Also provide
Re-training service when required
- Develop and maintain documentation that can be delivered to accounting or site management to ensure consistency of
Practices across the portfolio
- Provide Accounting Systems/Procedures support by resolving user issues quickly to ensure that key deadlines are met.
- Other - special projects as assigned
Skills & Experience Required:
- Post-secondary education in Accounting and Information Technology
- Minimum of five (5) years related Property Management Accounting Experience
- Experience with organizing and conducting end user training
- Strong communication, organizational and project management skills
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Vision, Word) and SharePoint
- Experience with SQL Query Language
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Be self-motivated, diplomatic and able to work independently
- Ability to prioritize time sensitive and heavy workload
- Flexibility to meet tight deadlines, requiring additional hours as may be required
- Experience with MRI is a definite asset
- Must be able to provide a clear criminal background check
If you, or anyone that you know of, is interested in applying for this position, please forward resume, no later than February 11th, 2019, to:
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.