Client ID: 268231
Business Architect: On behalf of our large public sector client, PROCOM Toronto is seeking a Business Architect for a long-term contract employment opportunity.
Business Architect: Job Details
- Develop a business architecture strategy for the business unit based on a situational awareness of various business scenarios and motivations.
- Apply a structured business architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the business unit in the context of the enterprise.
- Capture the tactical and strategic business goals that provide traceability through the organization and are mapped to metrics that provide ongoing governance.
- Describe the primary business functions of the assigned business unit in the context of the enterprise and distinguish between customer-facing, supplier-related, business execution and business management functions.
- Enumerate, analyze, and suggest improvements to the structural relationships of the business. This requires the creation and maintenance of an ongoing model of roles, capabilities and business units, the decomposition of those business units into sub-units, and the interplay between these units in various business processes, materials, people, and systems.
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- The ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies. Those issues may exist in role alignment, process gaps and overlaps, and business capability maturity gaps
- The ability to apply architectural principles, methods, and tools to business challenges
- The ability to assimilate and correlate disconnected documentation and drawings, and articulate their collective relevance to the organization and to high-priority business issues
- The ability to visualize and create high-level models (rigorous information-rich diagrams) that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture
- Experience developing and using these high-level models as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business
- Extensive experience planning and deploying either business or IT initiatives (preference for both)
- Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques (preference for BPMN)
- Exceptional communication skills and the demonstrable ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- The ability to act as liaison conveying information in suitably accurate models between the business unit and their counterparts within Information Technology. The scope of this information includes business requirements, data constraints, business rules, models of strategy and motivation, processes, accountability, and many other business and IT operational needs
- Must be a Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus. Must be highly reliable, trustworthy, honest, and commitment oriented
- Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities
Business Architect : Mandatory Skills
- 5+ years as a Business Architect
Business Architect: Start Date
ASAP- 6 months to Start
Business Architect: Location