Lafarge in Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in the buildings, infrastructure and industrial segments. These solutions are built with high performance products from our cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, asphalt and road construction, and concrete products divisions. From the use of alternative materials and recycling to renewable energy, Lafarge's focus is to develop innovative products that can contribute toward sustainably constructed building solutions. Lafarge takes personal growth and development to heart, and provides resources for our employees to take control of their own careers. Through our commitment to communities, to the health and safety of our employees and their families, or through the many volunteer hours of our employees, Lafarge demonstrates our care for people. If you want to work in an environment that values hard work, entrepreneurship, and collaborative teamwork, Lafarge is for you. Building Better Cities is what we do. Come Build a Better Career with us! More information can be found at www.lafarge.ca/en/careers .
The Business Coordinator provides project and administrative support to the Vice President of the Greater Vancouver Area and the local senior leadership team. This position reports directly to the VP. The focus of this position will be the administration and coordination of business projects, with an additional responsibility for some executive administrative and office management activities. Time management, organization, attention to detail and problem solving skills comprise key components of this role.
Project Coordination & Reporting:
- Work closely with the leadership team in managing projects and conducting research.
- Consolidate product line and market performance reports for the VP.
- Maintain a keen awareness of departmental and organizational goals and objectives, in order to best support them.
- Support the Communications department with tactical work on intranet, social media, employee townhalls and leadership meetings.
- Handle special confidential projects as assigned.
- Create detailed financial models and analysis of operational and financial performance.
- Must be able to multi-task by working on various projects simultaneously regularly, and adapt to changing priorities and constraints.
- Prepare, compose and initiate various documents, often confidential in nature for the leadership team.
- Effectively coordinate and schedule appointments, meetings and activities for and with VP.
- Organize Executive Committee Meetings including but not limited to: agenda preparation, set up and facilitation assistance on the day of the meeting.
- Take minutes of Executive meetings, and disseminate professional versions post meeting, highlighting key decisions & actions.
- Prepare expense reports for the VP and track monthly expenses for the Vancouver Market.
- Work closely with the VP to keep him informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities.
- Act as an ambassador for visiting executives, facilitating visit logistics, as required.
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements for the VP and any visitors.
Office & Operations Management:
- Help drive and enhance Lafarge’s safety culture by adhering to safety policies, appropriately escalating safety issues to management and participating in safety initiatives when required.
- Work with the Health & Safety department to ensure the office building Emergency Response Plan is kept current and is communicated to all employees and occupants.
- Provide leadership, direction, and supervision of Receptionist/Office Coordinator.
- Responsible for managing all vendors and supplies for the VP’s offices, ensuring monthly expenditure is within budget.
- Responsible for communications to all office employees regarding office-related matters such as cleaning, fire alarms, repairs, etc.
- Oversee the process of repairs and maintenance for the office building and systems, as required.
- Ensure that the office is kept at a high level of cleanliness and well cared for at all times.
- Coordinate office, furniture, and related moves and deliveries:
- Ensuring office floor plan is up to date incorporating new and departing employees
- Organizing internal office moves as required
- Other duties as assigned.
Relationship with Other Jobs:
- Reports directly to the VPGM GVA
- Interacts directly with General Managers
- Oversees two reception staff located at two local offices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, or a related field.
Experience and Skill Set:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships at differing levels within the organization
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Must be flexible, able to balance multiple tasks and changing priorities, with required urgency
- Must have the ability to diplomatically negotiate deadlines and deliverables
- Exhibit exceptional organizational skills so as to complete assignments and produce accurate work products in a timely manner without follow-up
- Take initiative to research and solve problems
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, google suite
- Working knowledge of MS Project, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop/PageMaker, SAP (asset), Fiori (asset)
- Balances the need to be a gatekeeper with the need to also be collaborative
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills
As the world leader in the building materials industry, LafargeHolcim Ltd and its subsidiaries have the assets necessary to meet the building and design challenges of today’s increasing urbanization. Globally, LafargeHolcim has 115,000 employees, a well-balanced local presence in 90 countries and combined net sales of CHF 33 billion (EUR 27 billion) in 2014. With the most innovative cement, concrete, and aggregates solutions, strong R&D and a commitment to health, safety, and sustainability, LafargeHolcim has the building solutions to meet customers’ needs, from the individual homebuilder to the largest and most complex project. We are committed to drive sustainable solutions for better building and infrastructure while contributing to a higher quality of life. We are positioned to deliver on this commitment.