The Business Development Representative, Repair & Remodel (R&R) is responsible for cultivating and growing James Hardie business and achieving sales and profitability targets within their assigned market(s). This role will focus on identifying and selectively partnering with high growth potential customers as well as cultivating our business with existing customer partners. This role is a key sales position with the opportunity to deliver step change sales growth for James Hardie. The position is unique in that it requires longer term customer partnership, consultation, and business development to be successful. Target R&R customers include, but are not limited to small and mid-size exterior replacement contractors and mid-sized remodeling contractors that focus on re-sides. Reporting to the R&R Regional Sales Manager, they will work as part of a broader team that will help enable customer acquisition, growth, & retention.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads all aspects of the customer sales process, while leveraging other resources to assist in solution development or implementation as necessary.
- Deploys targeted contractor development sales strategies based on our go-to-market approach to generate sales and build upon existing business to achieve targets.
- Leverage our sales tools to identify the right geographies (neighborhoods) to drive targeted Hardie sales growth within a broader market area.
- Identifies and acquires new or off-brand customers to use James Hardie as their standard for exterior home re-sides in targeted neighborhoods within a larger market.
- Accurately selects high-growth potential contractors, develops joint long-term growth plans, and leverages JH sales tools and your sales skills to help the contractors achieve that growth.
- Ability to influence targeted customers to implement different business strategies that will help them grow with James Hardie.
- Adept at managing existing customers to ensure retention, loyalty, and continued sales growth.
- Thrives and excels in sales positions that focus on consultative customer partnerships aimed at longer term business development.
- Manages and holds themselves accountable to a priority based schedule with prospective customers. Able to make good choices on where they do and don’t spend their time.
- Maintains customer base through consistent and strategic account management.
- Develop a solid understanding of company products, customer programs and benefits, and our market development sales approach to effectively engage with prospective customers.
- Capable of analyzing and interpreting data to drive decision making.
- Able to host, lead and present in front of large audiences.
- Passion for their company and personal success to meet or exceed goals.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Based out of Calgary or Edmonton
- 5+ years of sales experience in consultative sales environment
- Prior track record of success in a business development role
- Ability to work with & understand complex channels & distribution models
- Able to quickly develop rapport and credibility.
- Ability to influence key stakeholders to become advocates for James Hardie.
- Proficient understanding of fundamental financial concepts
- Experience using CRM’s, Salesforce.com preferred
- Valid driver’s license & Bachelors’ Degree required.
James Hardie is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability. Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.