Job Title:Business Development Manager
Reports To:Operations & Real Estate/Senior Vice President of Operations
Builds partnerships and business relationships in order to acquire and maintain clients by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops strategies for establishing relationships and partnerships with new clients, and maintaining relationships with existing clients.
- Maintains CRM files and reports daily and weekly.
- Understands the requirement of the position as it relates to contract negotiations and proposal creation.
- Become familiar with all related agencies for networking purposes such as BOMA, CREW, etc., etc.
- Seeks out and researches prospective projects.
- Works closely with internal departments, such as operations and accounting, and external partners and allies in the development and implementation of strategies, plans, and business models.
- Works to ensure requirements are defined and met according to plan.
- Provides support to upper management in deal negotiations, contract development, due diligence, and other business development projects.
- Provides professional presentations to clients and prospects.
- Provides guidance and support to junior business development staff.
- Ensures that products are on time and within budget.
- Works with marketing to plan marketing and promotion, including advertising, review media, specials sales, and subsidiary rights.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, presentation and marketing materials. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid State Drivers License and proof of insurance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.