BE A Game Changer. BE Dynamic. BE Influential. Be all that and more at Colliers Project Leaders as we continue to pursue new market segments and grow our client base in both existing and new geographical regions. Join our team as a Business Development Manager in Atlantic Canada.
At Colliers Project Leaders, we help our clients succeed by helping them build amazing workplaces, businesses and communities around the world. We do this by thinking differently, sharing innovative ideas and offering a unique and collaborative workplace where you can succeed. Through our Get it Right Solution™, you’ll ensure we get it ready, get it built and get it performing -- so investors, owners and occupants are certain of success.
With over 750 employees and 30 office locations throughout Canada and 5 in the Middle East, Colliers Project Leaders offers a multi-cultural, multi-generational work environment where we cultivate excellence, develop leaders and deliver on our clients’ vision. Colliers Project Leaders is part of Colliers International Group Inc. (NASDAQ: CIGI; TSX: CIGI), an industry leading global real estate with more than 16,000 skilled professionals operating in 66 countries. To learn more about Colliers Project Leaders, visit www.colliersprojectleaders.com.
We’d love to meet you. Apply today to join our team in Atlantic Canada.
Who you are:
An effective Business Development Manager in our organization is one who can effectively build a relevant network of business contacts and leverage that network to identify, pursue and secure new opportunities essential to our organizational growth and expansion.
Our Business Development Managers meet sales targets by organizing, motivating and leading business development activities for their respective business units. Working collaboratively with the Business Unit Vice President, Principals, Senior Project Managers, Marketing and Proposal Team Members and other Business Development Managers, this individual will lead the implementation of annual business plans, will be responsible for generating and responding to leads and providing sales and marketing support to business unit team members.
As Business Development Manager for Atlantic Canada, you will be calling on Municipalities, Post-Secondary Institutions, Health Care providers, industrial and corporate organizations with large real estate portfolios. Based in Halifax, you have a passion for networking, identifying new opportunities and building long term relationships,
What you bring:
- A university degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce, Marketing or a combination of relevant academic and practical experience;
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience in a similar business development, role for professional services or consulting firms, or other non-commodity sales environments;
- Previous experience in public sector, design, construction or real estate industry environments are a strong asset;
- Relationships with senior public sector leaders is a strong asset;
- Previous experience developing and executing tactical sales plans as well as regularly exceeding established quotas and account objectives;
- An established track record of also managing a sales funnel with a long (12-18 month) sales cycle;
- The ability to acquire and maintain strong networks of influential industry contacts within the region as well as maintain involvement with applicable regional and national industry and trade associations;
- Drive, ambition and the ability to work collaboratively with a technical team while holding others accountable;
- Experience managing complex RFP responses
Bonus skills and experience:
- Professional industry credentials such as the Certified Sales Professional designation is a strong asset;
- Proven ability to train, motivate and mentor others;
- Public Speaking skills and experience;
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with a proven ability to effectively influence others;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Proficient in MS Project, MS Word and MS Excel as well as CRM systems;
What success looks like:
- Identifying and pursuing new business and opening doors;
- Initiation and nurturing of prospective client relationships to seek out and secure specific opportunities where Colliers Project Leaders’ experience and expertise can be leveraged;
- Providing support to marketing and sales efforts with existing clients, including exploring opportunities to sell new and expanded service offerings;
- Collaboration with the marketing team on targeted sales and marketing strategies;
- Assessment of networking and trade show opportunities in the region from a business development perspective and assume a leadership role to plan, speak at and participate in relevant events;
- Proactive participation in regional and national business development, marketing and sales meetings;
- The ability to play a major role in setting and achieving annual and monthly sales objectives and targets for the region along with the Business Unit Vice Presidents, Director of Business Development and other Business Development Managers;
- An ability to articulate a Unique Value proposition;
- The ability to leverage the company’s CRM software through regular and consistent use and update;
BE who you are and what you want to be with Colliers Project Leaders. We’d love to meet you.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, however only short-listed candidates who most closely meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.