Through Transcat's calibration services segments, we offer precise, reliable, fast calibrations services through Calibration Center of Excellence strategically located across the United States and Canada. To support our customers' calibration service needs, Transcat delivers the industry's highest quality calibration service and repairs.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. A minimum of 3 years of business-to-business service sales experience, preferably in an industrial environment requiring some technical aptitude. Experience in working with compliance requirements of quality systems. Calibration service sales preferred but not mandatory.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Fluency in French and English is necessary for this position.
- Highly developed sales skills with particular emphasis on the generation of thorough and accurate customer needs assessments, solution development, and gaining/maintaining customer commitment.
- Ability to build strong international partnerships with both sales and operations partners.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to sell to multiple levels and constituencies in a client organization.
- Ability to concisely write solution proposals
- Ability to develop and implement comprehensive territory sales plans with clearly defined objectives, strategies, and tactics.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of SFDC, Microsoft Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status
The Business Development Manager is responsible for leading sales within Transcat's targed market segments . The position requires a combination of being an individual contributor as well as collaborating with your technical operations partners to provide optimal solutions to our customers.
- Manage mid-size opportunities from beginning to end
- Hunt and grow Calibration Sales Solution through multiple channels of leads; Web Based, Prospecting, Strategic Initiative Rollouts, Distribution Cross selling
- Help customers identify solutions that fit their needs – Consultative selling is essential
- Become technically astute and knowledgeable on products offered while demonstrating a consistent effort to increase job skills and technical proficiency
- Present features and benefits calibration solutions to customers and prospects.
- Build and maintain customers relationships. Overcome technical and business objections of prospective customers.
- Ensure overall exceptional customer satisfaction is being delivered to strengthen and grow the business relationship. Provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Database management systems
- Become a master of Salesforce as your main system of record
- Hygiene- ensure completeness of customer contact data for assigned accounts and accounts with opportunities
- Regularly report to management on sales results within your assigned territory
- Make a minimum of 150 outbound calls per week
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities; however each BDM is responsible for the successful management of sales activities in their assigned geographic markets. This responsibility includes providing direction and feedback to colleagues within the established matrix of the sales organization. Additionally, the BDM may be asked to provide feedback to management on the quality of sales efforts by other members of the local market sales teams