Join the Flynn Family and experience the Flynn Way.
As North America’s leading building envelope contractor, Flynn Group of Companies employs over 4500 employees, with branches coast-to-coast across Canada and multiple branches in the United States. The “Flynn Way” is what sets us apart. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, a close-knit family work environment, stability, the opportunity to advance your career, and much, much more.
The foundation of our success is having the right people on our crew.
Flynn takes pride in providing the best for our employees, recognizing that our people are the greatest asset. We understand how important our people are to our continued success, so we’ve made Flynn a place they want to work. At Flynn, we provide our employees with the opportunity to take their career further. We strive to help our people build their skills amongst teams that innovate and educate, while ensuring we constantly evolve as a company.
At Flynn, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Are you ready to experience “The Flynn Way”?
- Work for one of Canada's Best Managed Companies
- Rewarding, challenging, fast-paced work in an excellent environment
- Be part of a dynamic team while using your innovation and creativity daily
- Develop life skills by learning and growing both personally and professionally
- Be part of a company that offers career advancement opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program offered to all employees and their families
- Excellent benefits program including; Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and RRSP matching
This position will be based out of our St John's location. The successful candidate will work alongside the Service Manager to grow the current client base, increase sales, and further diversify our business. If you have experience in construction, roofing and/or material take-offs, and are looking to grow your skillset within a team, then we want to hear from you. Previous estimating experience is an asset; however, we are willing to train the right candidate.
• Develop good working relationships with current clients to ensure full quality and satisfaction.
• Ensure customer satisfaction by providing world-class customer service offering suggestions or alterations when asked to or deem required.
• Utilize consultative selling skills to learn about the prospect/customer’s business to position Flynn Companies products and services as the answer to those needs, and to motivate and move the decision maker(s) to desired decisions, next actions, or next steps in the sales cycle.
• Be aware and informed of all new materials or techniques in your field by attending material manufacturer’s seminars, trade shows, etc.
• Follow-up on your quotes and tenders and confirm the outcome.
• Review all contracts and accepted quotations and seek final approval with the department Manager.
• Maintain and grow ongoing business relationships through direct and frequent communication.
• Initiate and develop relationships with key decision makers in all serviceable markets.
• Coordinating own efforts with national and local Business Development.
• Develop new clients; maintain and grow ongoing business relationships through direct and frequent communication.
• Identifying and sourcing out prospective clients from various sectors to achieving business targets.
• Remote interactions and presentations / demos.
• Generate leads for new business.
• Remote interactions and presentations / demos.
• Supporting corporate initiatives and business development objectives.
• Write up work orders completely and in a concise and timely manner so to assist scheduling and purchasing of materials at the best prices.
• Prepare materials order sheets for jobs.
• Prepare quotations and tenders while ensuring up to date on addendums and drawing.
• Understand and prepare takeoffs/estimates for assigned jobs.
• Attending pre-tender site meetings to prepare an accurate estimate.
• 1 to 3 years of inside sales experience
• Post secondary education is an asset
• Completion of a certificate/diploma in Estimating, Construction Management, Architectural and Building Technology, or an equivalent program is an asset
• Strong background in sales and presenting solutions
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and persuasion skills and demonstrating a can-do attitude
• Exposure to reading and deciphering architectural blueprints and specifications
• Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office programs
• Ability to work well with various participants of the construction process (internal and external)
• Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to handle tight deadlines and be highly adaptable to change
• A high degree of professionalism
Additional Role Information:
We are also highly active and committed to creating an environment which is accessible to all of our customers, employees and applicants. Reasonable accommodations in the hiring process will be provided to people with disabilities upon request.
Flynn Group of Companies is an affiliated contractor with the Helmets to Hardhats Program.
For more information about starting your career with Flynn please visit www.flynncompanies.com
Service, Takeoffs, Sales, Sales Representative, Business Development, Flynn, St. John's, Construction, ICI, Customer Service, Roofing, Estimator, Estimates, Estimating