Business Intelligence Analyst
We are Traffic Tech, the hardest working team in transport. We have one mission: to deliver the extraordinary, every time.
We are proud of our hard working and dynamic corporate culture. We believe that inspiring our employees and giving them opportunity for growth translates into better service for our clients. Each and every Traffic Tech employee is personally invested in ensuring our customers receive the most innovative, efficient and cost-effective solution available.
Your next challenge!
The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for providing & developing reporting and analytical services to the sales, operational and financial business units. The ideal candidate will be working as part of a dynamic team that empowers the business to make the best decisions to support growth within all of our services and will report into the Director of Business Process Management
- Thoroughly understand the data in order to always provide accurate reporting;
- Elicit and understand user requirements to design interactive and paginated enterprise-level reports and dashboards that satisfy their needs, using Power BI and SSRS;
- Produce and deliver scheduled reports requested;
- Engage with upper management to support them in answering business questions;
- Help test changes or additions made to the data warehouse by the ETL team;
- Provide guidance to the ETL team on business requirements;
- Stay up to date on new versions of software used (e.g. additions to Power BI version) and latest technology trends;
Requirements and Competencies
- At least 3 years of experience interacting with stakeholders to understand reporting or data requirements;
- At least one year designing reports with a modern data visualization tool (Power BI, Tableau or other);
- Solid analysis and problem-solving skills;
- Manage priorities and meet tight deadlines;
- Meticulous and display a professional attitude, especially concerning handling of confidential information;
- Possess good organizational and planning skills;
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills;
- At least some basic knowledge of SQL.
The following would considered be an asset:
- Experience with Power BI;
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS);
- Knowledge of SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), and DAX;
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts, specifically Kimball’s data warehouse design;
- Knowledge of product development cycle;
- Knowledge of transportation and/or logistics.
- Dynamic environment and ‘can-do’ culture
- Medical and Dental benefits
- Gym and cafeteria on site
- Free shuttle from/to Fairview Terminus
If you are interested in this position, please apply now!
Traffic Tech has implemented preventative measures and safety precautions to ensure the safety and well-being of all persons entering Traffic Tech facilities. For example, upon arrival masks are mandatory, employees are greeted by our in-house full-time health screeners, social distancing is maintained in all common areas (6ft/2m), hand sanitizer stations are strategically spaced out around the office, there is a restricted flow of traffic within the office to avoid interdepartmental spreads or outbreaks, and increased cleaning of all office spaces and warehouses.
Traffic Tech remains compliant with all federal and provincial COVID guidelines.