Koch Heat Transfer is seeking a Buyer at our manufacturing shop located at 4750 Sheppard Ave E., Scarborough, ON M1S 3V7.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Being accountable and responsible for creating and analyzing requests for quotations and processing purchase orders
- Continuously sourcing & developing supply alternatives (including overseas opportunities) to reduce costs while maintaining production schedule requirements
- Establishing and maintaining vendor relationships to supply purchased goods and services, which meet the quality and service standards of our customers
- Interfacing with project management, engineering and manufacturing departments to prioritize required materials and services to meet the customer’s needs
- Communicating with managers concerning vendor performance, pricing issues, delivery issues and any other pertinent information that requires cross-functional strategies within the supply chain
What You Will Need:
- At least three years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in an engineered-to-order environment (ASME code)
- Experience in purchasing Maintenance, Repair and Operational (MRO) supplies
- At least one year of experience reviewing technical drawings
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Experienced with ERP software like INFOR ERP LN
- Bachelor’s or Diploma degree in Engineering
Want to learn more about Koch Heat Transfer?
The Koch Heat Transfer group builds on the strength of its companies, incorporating a market-based business philosophy with continuous improvement and development of heat transfer technology for the refining, chemical and upstream industries. The group is built on globally-recognized brands in the tubular heat transfer business, such as BROWN FINTUBE®, ALCO™, ALCO-TWIN™ and BOS-HATTEN™ products.
At home and abroad, Koch Heat Transfer continues to provide innovative heat transfer solutions to the process industry. We are one of the few companies in the world which offer the specialized expertise of well-trained and experienced Thermal and Mechanical Engineering staff, combined with superb manufacturing and technology supported by a unique, state-of the-art R&D facility.
Today we are recognized as a world leader in the supply of specialized and standard shell and tube heat exchangers, double pipe, multi-tube hairpin, and tank heater equipment, including finned tubes. Our TWISTED TUBE® Bundle Technology solves many of the common problems encountered in the operation of conventional shell-and-tube heat exchangers. We enable equipment cost savings, lower energy costs, reduced maintenance requirements, elimination of flow-induced-vibrations, longer cleaning cycles, and increased thermal efficiency.
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, the Koch Heat Transfer group is represented in every major country, with manufacturing facilities in the United States (Koch Heat Transfer Company, LP), Canada (Koch Heat Transfer Canada, LP) and sales offices all over the world.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience. If you require accommodations or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located at the bottom of the kochcareers.com webpage