Purpose of position:
To complete airline buying activities, as specified, toreplenish inventories on a routine basis for the maintenance organization.
- Competitively source goods and services toensure delivery of material to meet operational requirements.
- Provide cost benefit analysis inpurchasing decision making.
- Action stock shortages that have a potential toimpact the operation.
- Ensure use of purchasing best practices whenprocuring goods or services.
- Liaise with internal/external customers, as wellas, suppliers to understand the needs and to ensure products are acquired in atimely manner.
- Negotiate with suppliers to obtain best valuefor products being procured.
- Resolve problems with suppliers relating to goods,shipping errors, pricing and invoicing etc.
- Follow up with internal customs to confirm partsinformation, gathering requirements if necessary, to research product solutions.
- Follow up with members of the purchasing team, warehousing(stores) team, maintenance and suppliers to facilitate resolution of materialdelivery.
- Coordinate with Inventory Control to review partconsumption and locations to mitigate shortages for adjustments whereappropriate.
- Maintain accurate records and files of purchasesand expediting activities
- Assist with identified departmental objectivesand initiatives as required.
- Ensure all materials meet company and governmentstandards for quality.
- Perform duties in accordance with establishedpolicies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety,and the safety of workers and customers.
- Submit weekly reporting of duties performed.