Buyer - (Vanscoy, Saskatchewan, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
The Procurement Organization will include a “Center of Excellence” team to provide global procurement support services that provides accurate data analytics and effective back-office operations to support the global procurement function, as well as a “Category Management” team to develop and drive category strategies, perform sourcing activities, negotiate and execute master agreements and manage supplier performance.
In addition, the Procurement Organization will maintain site level procurement with increased cross-site consolidation and coordination of daily support work. At the “on-site” level this will require a greater degree of specialization within the Buyer role, both by categories served and degree of technical challenge.
The Buyer will be a critical member of the “on-site” team, supporting site-level purchasing execution and cost management. Reporting to the Manager, Procurement, he/she will primarily support the daily requirements of procurement S2C and P2P processes such as RFP, purchase order and invoice processing, managing local and certain regional category procurement, managing local supplier relationships, and supporting site-level strategic efforts as the Procurement Business Partner to the Maintenance, Operations, Capital and Engineering organizations.
This position will report to the Manager, Procurement – Vanscoy.
What you will do:
- Fully utilize centrally developed Procurement Policy, aligned business processes and enabling systems, and the strategic procurement methodology and procedures
- Optimize purchasing within his/her area of responsibility for cost, delivery, and quality
- Demonstrate proficiency in category strategy
- Facilitate and support meeting the end users’ needs resulting from use of the center led strategic procurement process for sourcing and buying local goods and services as necessary, including providing appropriate and timely input to planning of day-to-day operating requirements and capital project needs; and assisting in RFx processes including developing proper scopes of work, evaluating bids, negotiation preparation and execution, completing and implementing local contracts
- Provide procurement specific support to local site-based end users to complete material requisitions correctly and completely
- Flawlessly execute the P2P process quickly and accurately to source required goods and services
- Reorder materials as needed based on specific requests within defined spend limits and at defined reorder points by using the procurement aligned business processes and supporting systems
- Lead periodic performance, business, and financial reviews with local suppliers, based on agreed upon KPIs utilizing the center led procurement quarterly business review (QBR) model. Ensure that KPI data is accurate and regularly updated. Ensure that suppliers are informed of their performance results and appropriate resolutions are identified and executed (when needed)
- Process invoices in a timely manner following Nutrien procurement policy and procedures
- Address inquiries from suppliers and engage appropriate stakeholders as required
- Perform additional tasks as defined by the Manager, Procurement
What you will bring:
- Minimum 5 years relevant industry experience in procurement related function
- Working on capital projects/teams, leading strategic sourcing initiatives, contract negotiation and development is considered an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Certifications in disciplines such as Procurement (SCMP/CPSM), Inventory Management preferred
- Business or Engineering - supply chain strongly preferred
- Clear and solid understanding of, and practical experience with, enterprise asset management (maintenance, procurement, inventory management), spend management (e.g., Analysis & Reports) and enterprise resource planning systems and tools (SAP/Oracle)
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other MS Office applications
- Strong organizational, time management skills, and attention to detail
- Results-driven mindset, with developing capabilities in problem solving and analytical thinking
- Ability to work with a variety of internal customers and external suppliers with time sensitive demands
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with comfort working cross-functionally to gather information and resolve conflicts
- Team leadership skills capable of managing a small team process to meet defined objectives
- Strong understanding of moderate to complex contract language, with a strong attention to detail
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran