People taking care of people. It’s that simple. At Crawford & Company, we treat our clients’ policyholders like our own, helping to restore and enhance lives, businesses and communities at all points of the claims management process. Combining a legacy of nearly 80 years of unmatched experience with global capabilities and industry-leading technology, Crawford is at the forefront of change, while also staying firmly rooted to our commitment to putting people first.
We are guided by our collective value system: RESTORE.
At Crawford, we:
- Respect our culture of integrity and ethical behavior, while embracing the unique talents of the individual and encouraging an ownership mentality among everyone.
- Are Empowered to advance the company mission and take ownership of our individual career progression.
- Promote Sustainability through a corporate culture in which employees are good stewards of their communities.
- Emphasize Training and an environment where employees continually seek and share knowledge and are engaged and satisfied with their work.
- Are One Crawford, embracing a global mindset that’s inclusive, agile, mission-focused, and customer-focused.
- Give Recognition, participating in an environment where people are rewarded for jobs well done.
- Embody an Entrepreneurial Spirit, sharing a passion to succeed, innovate, and outpace our competitors.
We believe in leading by example – at work and in our communities. We hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages, reflecting the global fabric of the audience we serve. Though our reach is vast, we proudly operate as One Crawford: united in mission, vision and values. Learn more at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including Registered Pension Plan; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
We are seeking an AB Adjuster to join our team in Mississauga, Ontario.
- Investigate and evaluate claims (fractures/chronic pain/complex disability, CAT and post 104 claims, complex SIU claims), collect data and determine loss exposure, all within approved authority levels. Forward necessary explanations and documents as per Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule (SABS).
- Inform claimants of their entitlement and obligations under the SABS while ensuring compliance with established Crawford and Company (Canada) Inc.) and Client standards.
- Ensure effective financial management. Establish case reserves and issue claim payments on a timely basis.
- Manage and interact with stakeholders in the claims process to ensure client's rehabilitation needs are met (health practitioner, treatment provider, employer, lawyer, etc...).
- Direct and manage interactions with Field Independent Adjusters and other outside services i.e Investigators/ISB/IME’s.
- Where applicable, effectively manage and negotiate claims through dispute resolution process.
- Post secondary education (University Degree or College Diploma) in Business, Health Sciences, or related field is preferred.
- 3+years of Accident Benefit Adjusting experience required.
- CIP Designation or enrolled in program preferred.
- Experience handling pre-September 2010 claims.
- ADR and Litigation including LAT experience is an asset.
- Proficient knowledge of SABS
- Knowledge of medical and legal information and terminology.
- An advanced level of English (Verbal and written) is required.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Crawford & Company however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Crawford is an Employment Equity employer.
Crawford is strongly committed to diversity within its community. We welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. We encourage freedom of association, fair compensation and labour practices and avoid child labour.
Crawford is committed to identify and remove any discriminatory policies and practices found in the recruitment, selection and hiring, promotion, training, retention and termination of employees in all levels and categories of employment.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Crawford’s own policies, a request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.
Applicants are required to provide their accommodation needs in advance and submit adequate documentation to support their request for accommodation in the assessment process and/or to perform the essential duties of the posted position. If you have an accommodation need, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements.