Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland.
Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the position is a key player on the Payroll team and an important liaison to our regional offices and the HR Team in various Payroll Administration areas. These areas include; our HRIS/Payroll and time and attendance system, CRA, ESA and Company interpretation and advice on current policies, procedures, payroll best practices and providing overall support as a member of the Payroll team. If numbers, deadlines, advancement and a drive to continually learn is your goal, we have a great opportunity for you.
- Process weekly & bi-weekly divisional payrolls, checking for accuracy, following up with business units where necessary.
- Ability to support day to day general inquiries and build relationships with employees, managers and external vendors.
- Continually seek opportunities for process improvements.
- Maintain detailed records and documentation for audit purposes.
- Coordinate Payroll system information changes with HR team and divisional points of contact.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- PCP or CPM designation.
- Knowledge of Payroll policies and best practices.
- Knowledge of payroll processing and a minimum of 3 years experience working with a large scale Payroll/ HR Information Systems.
- Solid Microsoft Office skills (excel, word).
- High level of accuracy, retention and confidentiality is essential.
- Problem solving, investigation and analyzing abilities.
- Ability to work with deadlines in a fast-paced work environment, independently and as part of a team, a multi-tasker who can prioritize when under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build solid working relationships and be a contributing member of the payroll team.
- Exposure with payroll related implementations is an asset.
- Lawson and/or Synerion software knowledge is an asset.
OUR AODA COMMITMENT
Metroland is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Metroland will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.