Requisition ID: 23542
Job Category: Designers; Engineering; Infrastructure
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Hatch is actively seeking to hire a motivated, capable and organized CAD Designer -Bridges to join our growing Highways & Bridges division and work with design engineers from our structural team. In this role, you will be based in our Mississauga office.
- Production of structural models and contract documents;
- Work with project managers and technical design staff involved on a range of small to large projects as part of our infrastructure team;
- Develop structural engineer’s concepts into accurate models and drawings, through direct communications; working with proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD on 3D projects;
- Additional ad hoc duties, such as assisting the design engineers with short term and immediate requirements.
- Diploma in Structural Technology or related field from an accredited institution;
- Minimum 5+ years of experience working with a multidisciplinary design consultancy;
- Experience in structural CAD design; modelling and detailing;
- Proficiency in REVIT, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Bentley, ProjectWise;
- Experience specifically with Revit Structural Software as well as 2D CAD and other 3D visualization and simulation applications, including Navisworks is preferred;
- Experience in development of Revit Templates & Family parametric creation is preferred;
- Knowledge of Infraworks, Inventor, Dynamo, Grasshopper, Rhino is an asset;
- Experience in multi-discipline collaboration between Autodesk & Bentley products is an asset;
- Ability to work on a number of projects at the same time and maintain high quality output;
- Capability to work to deadlines and work independently when required;
- Interest with future technologies and its implementation with BIM;
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrate a reliable, responsive and positive work ethic.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.