CAD SERVICES SUPERVISOR (14 Month Contract)
DESCRIPTION: As our new CAD Services Supervisor, you will be supervising the AutoCad/Survey team members in Niagara Falls. Reporting directly to the General Manager, you will be responsible for the preparation, review, revision and maintenance of all company drawings, maps and survey data to ensure all documentation is to Walker standards and is delivered on time.
Walker Environmental, a division of Walker Industries, is a leading resource recovery and waste management company. The company owns and operates landfills, waste transfer and haulage facilities, biosolids processing plants, composting facilities, food/residual organic processing facilities and renewable energy projects throughout Canada. Our product brands, created from the recovery of resources often considered waste, include N-Rich®, All Treat Farms® and Gro-Bark®.
CAD Services Supervisor
Today we have a contract opportunity for you to join us as a CAD Services Supervisor at our Walker Environmental office in Niagara Falls, ON.
In addition to the primary responsibilities noted above, you will also be required to perform a variety of job duties to support site development and operations. These include but may not be limited to:
- Developing and maintaining conceptual, topographical, construction, shop, and as-built drawings for a variety of projects and infrastructure across multiple business units for Walker Industries.
- Assisting project managers, operations personnel & consultants with drawing developments, project estimates, quantity take-offs and other information as needed to maintain/upgrade facilities.
- Reviewing project drawings from consultants to ensure they meet company standards.
- Analysis of survey data for peer and manager updates.
- Maintaining and enforcing company CAD standards.
- Troubleshooting Civil 3D program/surface issues to help CAD team and operations running smoothly.
- Ensure team is up to date with all up-coming and current projects through weekly meetings and providing support with daily oversight.
- Liaising with management and other stakeholders on status of projects.
- Attending all Earth 1st/Health and Safety/other corporate meetings to keep current with corporate project policies.
- Minimum 2 year civil engineering diploma
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with Autodesk Civil 3D software, working on various projects preparing and reviewing drawings.
- Good communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Above average competence with MS Office Suite of products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Highly competent using AutoCAD Civil 3D software to perform the necessary drawing and calculations.
- Multitask many projects
- Adaptable – able to set and prioritize work based on customer expectations, able to work with diverse personalities and styles and able to direct team members to achieve overall corporate goal.
This is a full-time, contract role working 40 hours per week with a competitive salary of $65,000.
Working at Walker Industries
Established in 1887, we are proud to be a fifth-generation, family-owned, Canadian company. Our group of companies includes aggregates, paving & construction, emulsions and environmental waste & recycling solutions. We are known for our philanthropy and ‘above and beyond’ service to our customers and communities.
There’s a lot more we’re proud of too.
We’re proud to be growing, serving more customers and providing more jobs across Canada and the USA.
We’re proud of our environmental stewardship – turning waste into useful products and energy and working to the highest standards of disposal.
We’re proud to use the best tools and technology in the business – serving our customers well and keeping our employees safe.
And we’re proud of an awesome people-first culture. Working here means being part of a team – not a cog in a machine – and even in regional offices we feel valued, autonomous, and central to the action. Everyone at Walker has a voice.
How to Apply:
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete candidate – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take roughly 10 minutes to complete. You can get a copy of your assessment when you’re done by logging back into the application tool.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the application.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.