WHO WE ARE
Since 1930, COWI has pushed the boundaries of design through our involvement on major infrastructure projects worldwide. We are 7,300 people globally, of which approximately 1,300 are employed within the Bridge, Tunnel and Marine Structures (BTM) business line.
In North America, our civil, structural and geotechnical engineering specialists work on some of the world's most prestigious and challenging projects. We continue to push the boundaries of what is technically possible, from designing the world’s deepest and longest subsea tunnel, engineering the world's longest lateral bridge slide, to creating marine resiliency for our waterfront communities.
We are seeking a CAD Specialist to join our team in Halifax, NS.
The incumbent is part of a highly professional team that provides Computer-Aided Drafting (CAD) detailing expertise on numerous bridge design projects.
- Prepares advanced engineering drawings of plans, elevations, cross sections and details of bridge structures from rough sketches and/or from general engineering design information, according to established standards and procedures;
- Performs complex design/drafting assignments requiring advanced working knowledge of design/drafting standards, practices and techniques;
- Completes advanced technical assignments that require creativity and judgment;
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with other CAD Technicians and Engineers;
- Leads CAD teams for projects of all size and complexity, including large complex Design-Build projects;
- Actively promotes and contributes to the successful completion of projects from initial concept, through the planning process, to implementation;
- Assumes responsibility and meets or exceeds deliverable deadlines for own portion of the project scope, schedule and budget;
- Compiles data and performs dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings;
- Mentors CAD Technicians and supervises their work on a project-by-project basis;
- Shares technical expertise of CAD software knowledge with others;
- Checks and reviews drawings;
- Performs other duties as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 years relevant design/drafting experience, with at least 5 years bridge design/drafting experience;
- Advanced experience in the use of AutoCAD and/or MicroStation with 3D modeling and/or BIM experience;
- Strong attention to detailing of complex bridge components with experience in steel detailing, concrete, reinforcement, etc.;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the proficient use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Power Point);
- Ability to lead a technical team on a large Design-Build or similar project;
- Ability to assign work and supervise CAD technicians;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to coach, mentor and influence staff at all levels;
- Superior planning and organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure on multiple project deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to see a project through to completion;
- Sound decision making skills;
- Ability to work with staff located remotely;
- Ability and willingness to travel;
- Proficiency with Revit and/or Tekla would be considered an asset; and
- Experience with design/build projects preferred.
COWI AS A WORKPLACE
At COWI, you can look forward to a challenging role that will push you outside of your comfort zone and elevate your career to new heights. Our staff come from a multitude of backgrounds; their bridge, marine and tunneling expertise spans the globe.
At COWI, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with high-caliber professionals and learn from the best. Besides an extraordinary collection of talented colleagues, you will also have the chance to be involved in some very high-profile work on world-renowned international projects that will test your skills and abilities as a professional.
COWI is proud to reward top talent; the benefits of working for COWI include extensive opportunities for growth and development, health benefits, 401k or RRSP with up to 5% match, competitive compensation and various other perks.
Applying could not be easier, please click the link and follow the simple steps to upload your resume and commence what could be the most fulfilling chapter in your career to date.
COWI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.