|Location||AB - Calgary|
|Job Status||Full Time Regular|
Ledcor is in search of ambitious individuals who will prepare outside plant (OSP) drawings for telecommunications projects. The ideal candidate has working knowledge of utility services and permitting requirements of municipalities. The CAD Technician will be skilled in utilizing AutoCAD or other current versions of the software.
The CAD Technician must be capable of drafting clear, detailed, and complete drawings with accurate detail that incorporates permitting ordinances, design inputs, sketches, field notes, and must be able to comprehend, interpret, and render verbal inputs from the field teams as required. A solid understanding and experience working in coordinate systems is desirable.
- The role is responsible for preparing permit or utility application drawings from conceptual to construction version, drawn to scale, appropriately detailed of the necessary information required for permit approvals.
- Develop base maps from available municipal data sources, utility records, GIS datasets and field survey information.
- Work with the GIS group to incorporate landbase, utility information, existing plant records and municipal data to create base maps.
- Interact with engineers / designers to develop preliminary and construction drawings from preliminary concepts, surveys and design standards.
- Prepare permit drawings, outside plant construction drawings, and final as-built drawings.
- Prepare permit applications in strict conformance with municipal permit requirements, particularly with City drawing standards.
- Create buried and aerial utility plant utility drawings in accordance with CSA and utility standards.
- Prepare plan and profile drawings in CAD which include duct design, occupancy, route alignment, manhole and structure details.
- Review and validate designs in accordance with CSA standards, municipal and client standards.
- Perform duties such as creating and plotting drawing sets, updating as-built records and document control.
- Maintain CAD document archive and retrieval for projects.
- QA/QC of own work to ensure that drawings are checked, approved and filed in accordance with company quality system.
- Perform/assist quantity takeoffs based on drawing information.
- Graduate of a CAD drafting technician or technology program (preference is for civil, architectural or electrical engineering technologist).
- Should have 1-3 years on the job experience as a CAD Technician / Designer.
- Well versed in AutoCAD.
- Experience with outside plant design for utilities or municipality utility infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of coordinate systems, projections and interacting with GIS databases.
- Working knowledge of GIS databases, including Google Earth or ArcGIS.
- Prior experience with Telecommunication utility outside plant (OSP) networks is an asset.
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.