We wake every day to greet glaciers, mountain peaks and turquoise lakes. At Pursuit, we live the dream. We’re united by an intrinsic love of exploring that can’t be confined by physical borders. Together, Pursuit team members and guests create inspiring memories they’ll share with their friends and families for years to come. It’s all about sharing our amazing destinations. We have gathered a collection of adventure travel experiences, each of them thoughtfully united by their power to inspire and invigorate. As a brand, Pursuit weaves elements of wonder and amazement across our range of awe-inspiring experiences.
- Our Vision is to be the world’s leading provider of experiential adventure travel.
- Our Mission is to connect guests and staff to iconic places through unforgettable, inspiring experiences.
As a Café Team Lead you will be impacting the guest experience in our brand-new café overlooking the North Shore Mountains and Stanley Park. As a Team Lead, you will oversee the Café Hosts and ensure FlyOver Canada standards in Guest Experience are met. You will greet the guests in polite, friendly and welcoming manner. You will serve hot and cold beverages, sell prepackaged snacks, salads, sandwiches and other food items, explain the menu options and retail items to the guests and make recommendations. You will be responsible for ensuring the area is clean and neat at all times by following the standard operating procedures and sanitation plan. Coordinate with the Food & Beverage Manager and communicate all the inventory and supplies needs.
Reporting to the Food & Beverage Manager, your duties include, but are not limited to:
- Use your leadership skills to oversee the team of café hosts, keep them motivated and hold them to the FlyOver Canada standards
- Use your guest experience skills to manage guest complaints and offer guest solutions
- Communicate guest feedback, performance feedback, stock and supplies needs, etc. to the Food & Beverage Manager
- Coordinate with Guest Experience Supervisor and communicate any challenges on the shift
- Create a fun, engaging, efficient and safe environment for the café guests and team members
- Ensure guest satisfaction and consistent guest experience with prompt, courteous and friendly service at all times
- Explain the menu and retail options, include insightful details and product knowledge
- Maintain the service area, storage area and dining area clean and neat at all times
- Keep full stock level in the display areas and notify low level of product or supplies to the Food & Beverage Manager
- Assist in a basic preparation of food products and prepare hot beverages including coffee drinks using espresso machine
- Adhere to responsible service of alcohol and licensing requirements and standards at all times
- Assist with deliveries and event set up and tear down
- Follow Food Safe Procedures, Health and Safety Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) including cleaning routines
- Process transactions in Point of Sale system and take payments from guests
- Ensure accurate processing of cash, credit and debit transactions
- Communicate and liaise with other areas of operation
- 1+ year leadership experience in food and beverage establishment and experience as barista
- Consistent outstanding guest service skills and communication skills
- Problem solving ability and high attention to detail
- Internally motivated with a high level of energy
- Availability to work a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends and Holidays
- Be comfortable working on your feet for extended periods of time in both an indoor and outdoor environment
- Ability to lift loads of up to 30 pounds as necessary
- Demonstrated cash handling skills in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Extensive knowledge about Vancouver and local area is an asset
- FoodSafe Level 1 certification
- Serving it Right certification
FlyOver Canada is looking for a minimum availability of 3 days per week, including at least one weekend day. We hire primarily on a seasonal basis, and contract start and end dates will reflect this.
Thank you for your interest in working with us, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by email.