Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
Alberta Blue Cross is currently seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our growing Provider Relations Call Centre. The representative position responds to telephone inquiries from health care providers such as pharmacies, and medical offices, as well as all aspects of claims management for Alberta Blue Cross pharmacy program in accordance with the required standards, policies, rules and regulations. The ability to work nights, weekends, and statutory holidays on a rotation basis is required.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Responds to telephone inquiries from providers on subscriber verification, benefit eligibility, plan maximums, requirement of prior approvals and claim inquiries.
- Verifies claims through online adjudication systems.
- Makes suggestions for ways of improving workflows and processes.
- Records and forwards pharmacy provider feedback to the appropriate Team Manager and/or Manager.
- Supports various projects and analyses using Excel, Word, Access, and other computer software.
- Logs details of calls for statistical purposes.
- Assists with other duties as required.
- Handle complex inquiries independently, utilizing strong listening and problem-solving skills.
- Work effectively with people, maintaining a pleasant telephone manner.
- Conduct research and analysis to determine the root of problems.
- Use of strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and the desire for continuous learning to meet the expectations of this role.
- Assume ownership of the position and accountability for information relayed to providers.
- Demonstrate advanced customer service skills on a daily basis.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word and Excel, and preferably Access) is required.
- A medical or pharmacy background and familiarity with drug names is an asset.
- Preference will be given to individuals with proven customer service experience with either in person or over the phone contact. A true commitment to a career as a call centre representative is an absolute must.
Alberta Blue Cross is an inclusive employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca/