~ Wage Range: $72,000 - $76,000 per year ~
Location: Brampton, Ontario Department: Warehouse Operations Reports To: General Manager
Your Role: Work with local existing management at Dot warehouse in Brampton. Oversight of warehouse operations including safety, personnel, quality, planning, operational efficiencies, and continuous improvement efforts. In this role you will:
- Prepare and analyze production plans
- Lead in the enforcement of safety guidelines and procedures
- Be responsible for warehouse employee hiring, utilization, and turnover mitigation
- Work with key internal partners including purchasing, transportation, human resources, facility and building maintenance, engineering, IT systems, sales, and quality.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts while applying lean thinking and tools to eliminate waste
- Perform other duties as assigned
Role Specifics: In this role you will
- Supervise the Warehouse Supervisors at the Brampton warehouse
- Travel approximately two to three times per year to meetings and for training. You must have the ability to travel independently as needed, without restriction by all modes of transportation, including car, plane, or train. You must be able to travel to the United States.
We Need You To Have:
- 4-5 years of managerial experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs
We’d Like You To Have:
- A bachelor’s Degree
- Previous experience in people development and leadership
- Budgeting/expense management experience
- Working knowledge of distribution or warehouse processes or systems
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 59 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within our organization. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- A friendly working environment
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package
- Significant advancement opportunities
Safety: This position assume responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
At Dot, we believe all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or provincial law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.