|Job Title:||Cardiology Technologist|
|Work Site:||Electrocardiography (ECG), Vancouver General Hospital|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$28.55 - $35.59 per hour|
Within the context of a client and family centred model of care, and within the mission, vision, values and strategic direction of the organization, the Cardiology Technologist conducts various cardiac diagnostic tests such as Electrocardiogram (ECG), standard and nuclear stress testing, and Holter monitoring, and analyzes results and summarizes for interpretation by medical staff in an urgent/emergent care environment.
Education & Experience
- Diploma in Cardiology Technology plus one year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Successful completion of the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologist (CSCT) certification exam.
- Eligible for membership with the Cardiology Technologist Association of British Columbia (CTABC).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to keep abreast of current professional standards and technical knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties accurately and maintain quality standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Physical ability to perform duties of the position
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.