Job DescriptionJob Title: Care Aide - AcuteWork Site: Orthopedics, Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver, BCStatus: Temporary Part Time (0.73 FTE)Start Date: As soon as possible until approximately June 1, 2020Salary: $24.83 per hourHours: 0730-1530/1530-2330, with rotating days offReference#: 123289-esa
Come work as a Care Aide at Vancouver General Hospital with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Are you strong team-player and have a desire to help others? Apply to work as a Care Aide today!
As a Care Aide in Acute Care at Vancouver Coastal Health you will make your impact by:
- Assisting in the delivery of client care. You will do this while working under the functional direction of a Registered Nurse or other designate and in cooperation with interdisciplinary team members.
- Providing personal care to patients while following established care plans. This may include bathing, grooming, dressing, assisting with meals and oral hygiene and performing nursing care duties as applicable.
- Provide assistance in the delivery of nursing care: take temperature, pulse and respiration, and document on patient’s chart.
- Responding to call bells/alarms.
- Observing and monitoring clients’ progress, symptoms and behavioural changes and reporting/recording significant observations.
- Utilizing mechanical aides such as specialty beds, wheelchairs and stretchers to transport clients and provide assistance with lifting and/or transferring of clients following established lifting/safety techniques.
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment for clients and staff.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
QUALIFICATIONS:Education & Experience
- Grade 10.
- Successful graduation from a recognized Health Care Assistant Program.
- Successful completion of an acute care skills program or three (3) months recent related experience in an acute/critical care environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker Registry.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.