Job DescriptionJob Title: Care Aide - Long Term CareWork Site: Evergreen House, Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver, BCStatus: Temporary Full TimeStart Date: As soon as possible until return of incumbentSalary: $24.83 per hourHours: 0700-1500/1500-2300/2300-0700, with rotating days offReference#: 124132-eag
Come work as a Care Aide with Vancouver Coastal Health in North Vancouver, BC!
Care Aides working in Long Term Care at Vancouver Coastal Health make a significant impact on the quality of life of their patients. Working with a multidisciplinary team, our Care Aides play a vital role in ensuring the well-being of our Long Term Care clients.
Are you strong team-player and have a desire to help others? Apply to work as a Care Aide today! As a Care Aide at Vancouver Coastal Health you will make your impact by:
- Assisting in the delivery of client care. You will do this while working under the functional direction of a Registered Nurse or other designate and in cooperation with interdisciplinary team members.
- Providing personal care to patients while following established care plans. This may include bathing, grooming, dressing, assisting with meals and oral hygiene and performing nursing care duties as applicable.
- Responding to call bells/alarms.
- Observing and monitoring clients’ progress, symptoms and behavioural changes and reporting/recording significant observations.
- Utilizing mechanical aides such as specialty beds, wheelchairs and stretchers to transport clients and provide assistance with lifting and/or transferring of clients following established lifting/safety techniques.
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment for clients and staff.
Care Aides at Vancouver Coastal Health operate within the context of a resident/client and family centered care model and in accordance with established vision and values of the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS:Education & Experience
- Grade 10 (including English 10).
- Successful graduation from a recognized Health Care Assistant Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Eligible for registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker Registry.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and proficiently both verbally and in writing
- Ability to deal with others effectively and respectfully.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment (such as Patient Care Information Systems)
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.