Are you an experienced registered nurse (BScN), physiotherapist, occupational therapist, or certified social worker (MSW) looking for a different kind of practice environment? You’re looking in the right place.
The South West Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) is looking to grow our applicant pool with Care Coordinator candidates interested in future full time opportunities. The LHIN has offices in Woodstock, St. Thomas, London, Stratford, Seaforth, and Owen Sound. Should you be interested in either Temporary Full Time or Permanent Full Time opportunities, please apply with cover letter and resume, specifying the location(s) for which you would like to be considered.
As a valued member of our Home and Community Care portfolio, the Care Coordinator facilitates the journey through Ontario’s health care system by assessing referred patients, determining their health care needs and eligibility, and ensuring they receive the services and care they need, where and when they need them.
Whether you are working in our office, in a local hospital or in the community, you will have the opportunity to impact lives in your community, enjoy a balanced lifestyle, and be part of a great team that makes care happen.
What will you do?
- In collaboration with patients and their families, assess care needs, determine eligibility for services, and develop individual care and service plans.
- Link patients with community service providers.
- Coordinate and monitor care plan delivery.
- Establish a helping relationship with patients and their families.
- Balance patient needs and choices with available resources, ensuring patients’ values and preferences are respected.
What must you have?
- Membership, in good standing, with the applicable regulatory body:
- College of Nurses of Ontario.
- College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
- College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
- Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
- 2+ years of recent experience in community health or a related field.
- Knowledge of the health care delivery system and community resources.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, assessment and decision-making skills.
- Effective time management skills, with the ability to work independently and co-operatively in a busy multidisciplinary environment.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Ability to use a computer in a Windows-based environment.
What would give you an advantage?
- Experience working with diverse patient groups, e.g., multicultural, homeless, palliative, acquired brain injury (ABI), mental health, geriatrics, pediatrics.
- Ability to speak French or another second language.
Who we are:
Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) play a key role in Ontario’s health care system. Working in partnership with patients, families, providers and community organizations, LHINs ensure people have access to the health care they need — at home and in the community.
Committed to innovation and collaborative partnerships, the South West LHIN plans, coordinates and funds local health services, and delivers high-quality home and community care to patients and families, with a focus on improving population health, the patient experience, and value for money across the health care system. Our staff incorporate the best aspects of teamwork and continuous learning as they work with the local community to ensure the best health outcomes for everyone.
How do I apply?
Please visit www.lhinjobs.ca to submit your resume and cover letter. Application deadline is September 30, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
All applications will be reviewed; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to volume of applications, we are not able to respond to general inquiries by phone or e-mail.
We are committed to a culture that values diversity and inclusion.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities, and are committed to providing accommodation as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.