- Primary Location: Canada,Ontario,Mississauga
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Operations
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19023034
A 1st Level OFAC Analyst is primarily responsible for reviewing and researching Supporting documents that contain potential matches to government sanctions or internal watch list. This includes determining if there is a true match, performing and documenting research, reporting, and escalating to compliance units when appropriate.
Additionally, ability to process Check Clearing, Cheque Collections, wires, Billing etc independently. Proven success as a team player
? Review and action Lockbox supporting documents held for sanction related matches
? Investigate and obtain additional information to make a sound decision, wherever required
? Prepare and compile reports
? Identify repetitive false hits
? Identify opportunities for process improvement and follow through on implementation
? Understand end to end Lockbox process.
Must be highly motivated, self starter, quick learner, flexible and adaptable to an ever changing work environment while adhering to deadlines. Ability to work independently, as a member of the team. Candidate must be detail oriented and possess strong investigation and problem solving techniques. Must have strong analytical skills and have shown these in previous process improvements. Ability to support new process / product rollout related testing during weekends.
- Minimum of 3 years in a banking environment preferably in Compliance environment.
- Ability to review documents and perform investigations.
- Proven success as a team player
- Able to take additional tasks and work with other team members to provide support whenever required.
- Independent problem resolution.
- Awareness of Regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of trade services / Trade finance would be an asset
- Planning and Organizing
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills..
- Proven track record in Operations environment
- High competency with MS Office Suite
- Achieving/ Driving Results - including identifying and implementing process improvements
- Teamwork/Interpersonal Skills
- Expertise in MS-Office products (MS-Word, MS-Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Demonstrated work ethic, capable of disciplined self-motivation and commitment to the highest standards of professional integrity, maturity and judgment.