Caregiving is more than a career choice and for those that accept the challenge, the rewards come every day. Warm Embrace is currently hiring caregivers who are willing to work in Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph and surrounding areas. Since clients choose their own visit times based on their needs, we arenâ€™t hiring for set shift times, we are hiring wonderful people who will be able to match those needs. Therefore we have a variety of shifts available during the day, evening, overnight and on weekends. The broader your availability the more easily you can be matched with clients who need you. Our shifts vary in length, but are guaranteed to never be less than 3 hours. At Warm Embrace, your safety it our top priority. We will provide you with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), extensive training, and daily COVID-19 screening.
- Stimulating challenges
- Extensive initial and ongoing training that can help you grow professionally and personally
- A supportive, caring work environment that feels like family
- Longstanding and reliable management team that listens
- The opportunity to work one-on-one with seniors and truly make a difference in their lives
- A variety of clients that will make each day unique
- Rewarding Connections
- Referral Bonuses
Making a seniorâ€™s day could include a combination of the following:
- Preparing a simple, healthy meal
- Ensuring the seniorâ€™s home is neat, tidy and clean
- Maintaining clean laundry in the closets and drawers
- Shopping for groceries
- Assisting with dressing and personal grooming including bathing/showering
- Feeding a meal to a senior
- Driving to appointments
- Assisting with toileting and incontinence care
The Heartfelt Moments come from:
- Listening to their stories or looking through old photo albums
- Playing games, doing puzzles and crafts or listening to music
- Escorting a senior to the park, on a walk or to an event
- Exercising with a senior
- Connecting moment by moment through singing, dancing or sharing a laugh
All positions are non medical. Experience and specific education is an asset but not required, as all training is provided. Positions are hourly, with part-time hours (25-35 hours weekly) available.
- Treat and care for seniors with respect and dignity
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Background Check
- Consistent availability
- Ability to work independently
- Reliable vehicle with a clear Driver Abstract
Our mission statement is â€œEmpowering the Elderly to Experience Fulfillment today through Dignified Careâ€. If you want to help us achieve our mission, and you meet the above requirements, please apply today!
Warm Embrace Elder Care Ltd. is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Warm Embrace Elder Care Ltd. offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Powered by JazzHR