FirstOnSite Restoration has an immediate opening for a Carpenter in our Moncton branch.
FirstOnSite Restoration is the largest independent disaster restoration company in Canada. We provide unsurpassed emergency response, restoration and reconstruction services to the insurance industry and to residential, commercial and industrial customers. With coast-to-coast coverage and 24/7 emergency service, we offer a wide range of services that remediate conditions caused by fires, floods, winds, mold, environmental hazards, accidents and other casualties at any type of facility.
The Carpenter works under the general direction of the Construction Manager to plan and organize the assignments of a project in order to meet the gross Profit and timeline goals. The Carpenter oversees Carpenter Apprentices and Laborers assigned to them ensuring that the quality standards of the company are being met.
- Demonstrates skill in the safe operation of shop tools such as table saw, radial arm saw, power planer, power shaper, router, wood lathe, airless paint sprayer, large belt sander, band saw, hand saw and electric drill.
- Follows all company health and safety policies and procedures and ensures that they are respected by all personnel and sub-contractors.
- Strives to continually improve through specific development plans.
- Accepts direction from the Lead Carpenter.
- Practices good housekeeping discipline on the job to ensure a safe, non-cluttered workplace and to minimize cross contamination.
- Adheres to company policy and standards at customer sites.
- Displays good manners and attitude toward the property owner, occupants of the property, co-workers, and sub-contractors.
Knowledge and skill set:
- College Diploma or certification in a recognized construction/carpentry course preferred.
- Experience and proven track record in the restoration, emergency or a related industry.
- Practical knowledge of carpentry and building maintenance.
- Practical knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools.
- Practical knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures.
- Knowledge of basic shop mathematics to calculate metric conversions and materials needed for jobs.
- Trained in First Aid and CPR.
- Willing and able to work on-call for after hour’s emergency work.
- Able to build relationships with all parties involved in the construction process.
- Good at problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Valid G driver's license with a clean driving record.
Do you have what it takes to be part of the FirstOnSite team? We look for the following key attributes in our team members:
- Customer Focus
Why choose to be part of the FirstOnSite team?
- Exceptional extended health plan including medical, dental and vision.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off
- Educational assistance, professional development, and internal growth opportunities
- Opportunity for National career movement
- Healthy work/life balance
Interested candidates whose resume and cover letter best demonstrate how they meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted for an interview. Candidates must be able to provide a clear criminal background check to be eligible for hire.