We are looking for a Site Assistant / Assistant Superintendent to join our growing team, who will be responsible for carpentry and other hands-on work on various job sites throughout the Lower Mainland. This role also has the opportunity to lead into other roles on our team, including Site Foreman and Site Superintendent.
Novacom is a leading Construction Manager and General Contractor based in Surrey, BC and working throughout Western Canada.
We value people, relationships, innovation and culture. We believe in constantly improving ourselves to provide the best possible service to our clients. Our core business is commercial construction and renovations of financial institutions, restaurants, offices and retail spaces.
We're doing construction differently, and we're thinking outside the box about how we can improve our company and our industry. If you're looking for a company with a family dynamic where you can have opportunities to grow, be challenged and known by your co-workers, then come join us!
- Driven - self-motivated and driven to push things forward no matter the circumstance
- Energetic - engaged personality that takes on complex challenges with enthusiasm
- Humble - willingness to admit when you've made a mistake and take ownership
- Personable - able to build and maintain solid relationships with trade partners and co-workers
- Mobile - willing to travel and be flexible in work locations and shifts
- 3-5+ years' experience in Construction Industry
- Construction knowledge - overall understanding of construction process, sequencing, etc
- Trade Qualification or Carpentry ticket would be an asset.
- Must have independent transportation and ability to travel to different sites
- Work on various sites under Site Superintendent to assist in Site Management, Carpentry and other tasks to keep sites running smoothly
- Manage small projects and report directly to Field Operations Manager
- Expedite the project schedule through efficient and quality work
- Excellent candidates may have opportunity for growth within the company
- Hourly rate will be commensurate with experience - typical range is $65-70K/year
- Benefit plan will be provided after 3 months