Position: Nurse Practitioner
Hours: Various rotating 12 hour shifts (subject to change based on operational requirements)
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
The EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT NURSE PRACTITIONER (ED-NP) is a Registered Nurse with graduate education in nursing, additional clinical experience and specialty education and registration with the College of Nurses as a Nurse Practitioner – Primary Health Care (NP-PHC).The ED-NP functions in an expanded role demonstrating a high level of autonomy and expert skill to formulate clinical decisions and appropriately manage acute/chronic illness and promote wellness within the NP’s area of specialty and scope of practice.
This is what you'll be doing:
The ED-NP utilizes a comprehensive theoretical knowledge base and an advanced level of clinical competence in caring for emergency care patients. As a collaborative partner within the ED team, the NP competencies build and expand upon RN competencies. The NP demonstrates in practice, the competencies to use his/her legislated authority to diagnose, order and interpret diagnostic tests, prescribe pharmaceuticals and perform procedures for patients in the ED. The ED-NP performs quality monitoring and improvement and administrative activities and participates in policy and procedure development or revision.Other key components of the role include:p erforming research activities; developing, delivering, coordinating and participating in education and professional development activities/programs; p erforming activities to further develop and strengthen the profession; acting as a resource and mentor serving as a consultant to individuals and groups within the professional community and other hospital/agencies.
This is what you need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Current registration in the Extended Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario required
- Completion of a Master Degree in Nursing required.
- Nurse Practitioner Primary Health Care specialty Certificate required.
- Current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support required at time of hire.
- Membership in the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario.
- Eligibility for cross-appointment to an academic institution preferred.
- Membership in specialty related organizations e.g. The Nurse Practitioners Association of Ontario, The Canadian Nephrology Nurses Association.
- Minimum of 5 years nursing experience in a specialty area required
- At least 1 year experience as an NP in an Emergency Departmentrequired
- Recent experience with both adult and pediatric patients preferred.
- Innovative, creative and professional role model
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize/organize multiple demands
- Ability to work autonomously
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio required
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position
- Other duties as assigned
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
Salary:$50.01 to $61.16
Date Posted: May 14, 2020
Internal Applications Due by: May 21, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.