Alberta Blue Cross has an opening for a permanent full-time Case Manager. This position is responsible for managing an assigned block of Weekly Indemnity (WI)/Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD) claims. The Case Manager is responsible for the initial decision making on the claim as well as ongoing management that includes developing and monitoring treatment plans, return to work planning and rehabilitation programs. The Case Manager develops relationships with involved parties and provides expert advice to internal and external customers on a daily basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adjudicate Weekly Indemnity (WI)/Short Term Disability STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD) claims.
- Ensure proper application of rules and regulations as outlined in the Group Policy and in accordance with the Canadian Life and Health Association (CLHIA) guidelines.
- Plan, implement and evaluate sound case management principles.
- Responsible for the issuance of correct benefit payment.
- Responsible for professional and accurate verbal and written communication with all stakeholders.
- Manage assigned portfolio and become subject matter expert on assigned groups.
- Communicate with other Alberta Blue Cross departments including Medical Underwriting, Group Underwriting, Sales, Group Administration, Accounting, etc. to provide and exchange information regarding claims activities, eligibility and financial transactions.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Experience and/or education related to disability claims management is preferred.
- Knowledge of the insurance benefit industry is considered an asset.
- Requires analytical skills, detail orientation and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in the decision-making process especially when under pressure.
- Strong team-player skills and cooperative attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires strength in the areas of flexibility, innovation and independence.
- Must be able to deal effectively with the public, peers, and co-workers.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel will be an asset.
- Enrollment in LOMA or other industry related courses would be an asset.
- Bilingual in French would be considered an asset and applicants will be given priority.
Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in a challenging team-oriented environment. This position will remain open until suitable candidates are selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at www.ab.bluecross.ca.