Women’s Substance Use Program, Heartwood Centre for Women, BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services, Vancouver, $30.75 to $38.33 per hour
What you’ll do
- Plan, implement and evaluate a goal oriented plan for assigned patients integrating recreation concepts and documents assessment information, goals, interventions, statistics, and progress notes.
- Plan, initiate and provide opportunities that foster participation in leisure activities based on the client’s functional ability and development.
- Observe, record, and report relevant information related to the client as it pertains to recreation and works in collaboration with other health care professionals.
- Work with members of the health care team and communicate issues related to recreation by participating in and attending interdisciplinary team conferences, patient rounds, case discussions, and training sessions.
- Plan appropriate recreation outings in the community for clients of the program and transport clients using the Centre’s vehicle. Assist clients with embarking and disembarking the vehicle. Conduct inspections of vehicle by checking oil, gas and fluid levels, tire condition and ensuring that lights and signals are functioning; cleans interior and exterior of vehicle after use; and maintain records of distances travelled, gas expenditures and inspections. Recommend vehicle and equipment repairs as required.
What you bring
- A Bachelor’s in Therapeutic Recreation from an approved post-secondary program.
- Membership (or eligibility for membership) with the B.C. Therapeutic Recreation Association (BCTRA) and the Canadian Therapeutic Recreation Association (CTRA).
- Two (2) years of recent related experience working in a substance use and mental health program or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- A valid Class IV B.C. Driver’s Licence.
- A valid C.P.R. Certificate
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $30.75 to $38.33 per hour
5th Floor - 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver, BC V6H 3N1
Until position is filled
Rotating Wednesday to Saturday; 1030-2030; 0930-1930
Requisition Number: 89116
What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) bcmhsus.ca cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.