Seaspan is looking for a Casual Security Guard to support its Shipyards Security Team located in North Vancouver.
Please Note: This is a temporary on-call unionized position. The position requires shift coverage as needed and must be available for day, afternoon, graveyard and weekend shifts.
- Controls the access of personnel, suppliers, customers and other visitors on the Vancouver Shipyards site ensuring that visitors are properly signed in and out of the premises.
- Undertakes regular security patrols of the site ensuring that any security issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Provides access to stores, tool crib and secured areas to shipyard personnel when required.
- Provides first aid services to shipyard personnel.
- Responsible for phone communications after hours for Vancouver Shipyards.
- Shifts may occur anytime 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Completion of Occupational First Aid Level 2 or 3 Training.
- Valid security workers license.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- 3-5 years of security industry experience preferably in a production environment.
- Successful completion of a Criminal Record check will be required, as well as education verification, employment verification and reference checks.
- Completion of Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, work with minimal supervision and make independent decisions.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Must be available for day, afternoon, graveyard and weekend shifts.