No Relocation Assistance Offered
#86805 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Category Manager role: External consultant to WM and internal consultant to Colgate team. Identifies opportunities which deliver category and customer growth through fact based recommendations.
- Demands high energy, assertive management skills, an aptitude to resolve complex problems, understand market dynamics and employ good decision making skills.
- WM Category Development Manager assesses trends, analyzes shopper data and syndicated/point of sale data to identify key customer opportunities for growth.
- Role requires a solid understanding of Category Management processes and practices and will collaborate with both our customers and internal teams in the areas of effective product assortment, shelf merchandising, promotional and pricing recommendations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Acts as the category expert by delivering category best practice presentations that identify category opportunities.
- Complete internal and external WM customer category review process utilizing category analysis, shopper insights and available analytic tools.
- Develop customer presentations, recommendations for new item introductions, planogram reviews.
- Establish strong, multi-level working relationships with the assigned customers based on mutual trust and integrity
- Communicate and reinforce brand strategies & priorities to the Team.
- Initiate & synchronize brand strategies/priorities with customer strategies for a win-win. Execute new product initiatives accordingly.
- Support category management growth through the application of the most recent sales technologies including shelf management technologies, point of sale systems and Nielsen applications, with emphasis on fact based selling.
- Demonstrate expertise in category management and efficient assortment to the customer.
- Utilize shelf management software and category expertise to provide recommendations for shelf placement for new items and existing products with an objective of securing distribution/placement that is mutually beneficial for Colgate and the account.
- Coordinate “Fair Share of Shelf” support. Develop planograms using JDA software.
- Determine the effectiveness of Colgate and competitive promotions through post-analysis, and make recommendations to the account.
- Provide category management support for internal processes.
- Be proficient in interpreting shopper and consumer research to drive category solutions development with our customers.
- Actively participate in team building and best practice sharing to increase team effectiveness.
- Work across all functional areas of the customer development team in developing the business.
- Scorecard and monitor the execution of 5P activities in line with established objectives and guidelines.
- HBA, BBA, B. Comm/MBA or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of similar consumer product sales industry background, consumer brand industry or other relevant sales/marketing experience
- +2 years experience in Category Management using a syndicated service (Nielsen, IRI, Retail Link, etc.)
- Proficient skills in JDA Space Planning & Microsoft applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Notes, Nielsen Answers Desktop, Nielsen Homescan.
- Proficiency in working with cross-functional teams to achieve business results.
- Must have WM experience in a sales or advisor capacity.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill's and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.