Are you interested in a career in criminal justice or law enforcement and don't know where to start? Do you have interest in the field of corrections? This is a great opportunity to gain relevant experience and build your skills.
Canada Border Services Agency is opening a new detention facility in Surrey and we are seeking highly motivated and qualified individuals to join our team.If you are looking for a stimulating and rewarding entry level position with great potential for career advancement in a corrections and law enforcement environment, this is position for you!
- Overseeing the care, custody, and control of detained persons being held for Immigration
- Working with CBSA, Correction Facilities, and police agencies to ensure the safe and secure transport of detainees
- Admitting and discharging detainees
- confirming, documenting, and ensuring detainee's personal property and valuables are safe
- Observing and conducting regular searches of detainees, cells and property
- Access Control of the facility including the inflow of people, goods, and Information
- Monitoring CCTV activity throughout the facility and controlling all movement of people
- Reporting all incidents or issues in a quick and efficient manner
- Valid BC Security License
- Class 5 Drivers License & Clean Abstract
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Permanent Resident Card or
- Canadian Citizenship
- Must be able to work 12 hours on a rotating schedule (4 days on 3 days off)
What we offer:
- Paid training
- Advanced Security Training (AST), Occupational First Aid (OFA) and class 4 (drivers license) training to eligible candidates
- Benefits for both full and part-time employees *conditions apply*
- Free Uniforms and equipment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Employee perks such as: discounted movie tickets, PNE tickets, gym memberships and much more!
Apply with your updated resume today.
Securiguard is committed to building a facilitative environment of respect and personal growth for all of our staff. We support this commitment with highly competitive compensation and benefits, comprehensive training, reliable equipment and supportive supervision as well as great opportunities for advancement, community involvement and work/life balance practices.
Securiguard is an equal opportunity employer and we value the diversity of our staff. We are committed to building a facilitative environment of respect, inclusiveness and career growth.