LMC Pharmacy is an endocrinology-specialized pharmacy predominately serving a population of patients with diabetes. We are co-located in LMC Diabetes & Endocrinology clinics and deliver medication assessments, patient education, medication, condition and device training, MedsCheck services as well as dispensing services. This position provides a great deal of interaction with patients and collaboration with an interdisciplinary team including endocrinologists, diabetes educators, health coaches, chiropodists, optometrists and research colleagues.
Our growing team is looking for a CDE Pharmacist to join us on a FT Contract basis as a Regional Float Pharmacist / Mat Leave Coverage based at LMC Pharmacy - Bayview.
Reporting to the Pharmacy Director, the Pharmacist will conduct medication and device training, education and assessments; MedsChecks; and process Rx and OTC requests. The role provides a unique opportunity to practice in a clinical environment with a team of top specialists in diabetes and endocrinology. The Pharmacist will provide focused care to a rapidly growing base of patients with diabetes and other endocrine conditions.
- Reporting to the Pharmacy Director, the Pharmacist will support the pharmacy’s patients by providing diabetes counseling and dispensing services
- Provision of medication and device training, patient education, comprehensive medication assessments, care plans and medication therapy management via the Medscheck program
- Provision of focused care to a rapidly growing base of patients with diabetes and other endocrine conditions
- Supervision of pharmacy students and interns
- Support all responsibilities related to pharmacy operations including medication and supplies dispensing and shipment, as well as administrative tasks and reports
- Assist with other tasks in the pharmacy as required
- OCP Part A licensed pharmacist in good standing
- Interest in working with patients with diabetes
- Current and valid Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) designation
- In addition to your CDE, having other therapeutic certifications in consultative services an asset
- TPN or sterile compounding experience an asset
- 4-5 years of Ontario retail pharmacy practice and diabetes education experience preferred
- Able to make therapeutic recommendations in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in Gujarati, Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, Italian, Cantonese or Mandarin an asset
- Strong work ethic and eagerness to learn
- Experience supervising and mentoring pharmacy students and interns preferred
- Able to keep up with a fast paced environment and successfully multitask
- Able to work efficiently both independently (alone)and within a team
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Adaptable and able to prioritize tasks
- Resourcefulness and good problem solving skills
- Proficient in utilizing drug information resources
- Experience with Kroll and/or EMR an asset
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle, as this is position requires travel to various sites
- Availability Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (Barrie 830am to 430pm), with flexibility to provide infrequent after-hour service as needed
- Drives Results
- Client Focus
- Continuous Improvement
- Master of Craft
- Lives the Values
- OCP Part A in good standing
- CDE – valid and current
- Kroll experience
- Ability to travel locally to various sites
Why LMC Pharmacy might be right for you!
- Great hours! Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- Great setting! Professional collaborative care environment with shared Electronic Medical Records (EMR). Practice in a clinical environment with a team of top specialists and allied healthcare providers
- Great work! Consultative pharmacy services with a specialization in diabetes and endocrinology. Help patients manage their diabetes care needs and medication therapy. Improve health outcomes. Train future pharmacists!
- LMC Pharmacy has historically hired for FT Permanent positions from our existing staff, including our Contract staff
LMC Healthcare (LMC) is Canada’s largest specialist care provider in diabetes, endocrinology & metabolism. We’re transforming diabetes care by making it more accessible, comprehensive and patient-centric than ever before. LMC has 15 multi-disciplinary centers of excellence and 20 clinical research sites located in 3 provinces (Ontario, Alberta, and Quebec). Our 60+ Endocrinologists, many of whom are nationally renowned for their areas of expertise, are supported by an interdisciplinary team of highly qualified Medical Office Administrators, Medical Assistants, Registered Nurses, Registered Dietitians, Physician Assistants, Pharmacists, Optometrists, Opticians, Optical Assistants, Chiropodists and Clinical Research Professionals.
LMC provides six industry-leading programs areas:
- Endocrinology Specialist Practice (publicly-funded) - representing the largest group of Endocrinologists globally
- Nationally-accredited Diabetes Education Program (publicly-funded)
- Diabetes Pharmacy
- Chiropody & Foot Specialist Care
- Optometry & Eye Specialist Care
- Canada's largest Clinical Research network specializing in Diabetes innovations
LMC Healthcare is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Once an applicant has been selected for an interview, requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
If you require accessibility accommodations to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know.