Position Title: CFO
Salary: $117,000/annum – Full-time Permanent
Benefits: Group insurance benefits
Working Hours: 37.50 hours per week
Address: 80 Weybright Court, Scarborough, ON M1S 4E4
Sew Industries is a full-service garment contract manufacturer for some of the most well-known brands worldwide, as well as our own high-quality brands. Our clients trust us to produce the highest quality, made-in-Canada garments for sustainable fashion made in ethical working standards and environments.
As a full-service and turnkey garment manufacturer, our expertise lies in transforming clothing from a fashion designer’s initial creative design to full-scale production. We take care of all details along the way, including sample creation, patterning, materials sourcing, small-scale test runs, and full production runs. We can work with client-supplied materials and can also help to source for beautifully appealing materials for our clients.
Sew Industries is currently hiring for a CFO to handle all China-facing activities. As China is the world’s largest textiles producing and exporting country, Sew Industries requires someone experienced in the Chinese clothing industry to oversee our financial operations and strategy with regards to our Chinese operations. This includes sourcing, purchasing and logistics of raw materials, as well as our exporting of Canadian-made finished clothing. The Chinese consumer retail market is one of the most important and vibrant in the world, and is one of Sew Industries’ most important markets for exporting finished clothing articles made with Canadian flair and quality. The CFO will also be managing the financial strategy for Sew Industries’ garments brands into China.
- Bachelor’s in business administration, accounting, commerce, or related field
- An accredited accounting designation (CA/CGA/CMA/CPA)
- 3 or more years of senior management experience in the garments/clothing/fashion industries
- 7 or more years of management experience in accounting and/or financial management
- Exceptionally familiar with the garment industry in China, particularly as it relates to international clothing brands
- Extensive experience in managing the sourcing, purchasing, logistics and marketing of garments in China
- Solid understanding of financial operations and the impact of sales, marketing, business development, sourcing, purchasing and import and export on financial activities
- Familiar with GAAP and IFRS accounting standards, as well as Chinese financial reporting requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
- Proficient in accounting software andMS Office Suite products
Thank you for your interest in this position. To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com