We are mid-sized Canadian insurance company, with a growing profitable business. Our Company is looking for a forward-thinking Chief Financial Officer to join our senior management team. The CFO is responsible for providing senior management leadership and direction to the financial reporting and accounting teams, overseeing budget and forecasting, participating broadly in Board and Committee meetings, and ensuring regulatory reporting is meticulously governed. As a key part of our executive team, the CFO also works closely with our CEO and COO in driving business initiatives, refining strategy and reporting on performance, including reporting to the Board of Directors.
You are a seasoned financial executive, with senior executive P&C experience and a business driver. You are established and active in the P&C insurance industry, a financial leader, and looking to take the next step in your career. If you would like to join our team in Toronto and meet the qualifications below, we look forward to receiving your cover letter and resume via the link provided.
Although we appreciate everyone’s interest, we are only able to contact candidates selected for interviews. If you require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know, so we may identify suitable arrangements to meet your needs. We believe in creating a positive workplace experience that values diversity and respect.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in accounting, finance and/or business administration
- Chartered Accountant designation with 10+ years of experience, including audit experience
- Senior management experience with P&C insurance and thorough understanding of OSFI regulations for P&C insurance organizations, IFRS accounting standards and Solvency II
- Strong background in insurance accounting and pension governance
- Solid experience with modern financial and enterprise accounting systems
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in guiding, developing, and motivating a multi-functional team of professionals
- Process improvement mindset to ensure best practices are leveraged to maintain, enhance, and develop a high functioning Finance department
- Experience in risk management, reinsurance, actuarial reporting and asset liability management an asset
- Able to travel from time to time (note this requirement may be postponed depending on Covid related circumstances)