Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Corporate and Funding Technology is comprised of three primary areas: Operations & Risk, Corporate and Client Financing.
- Operations & Risk helps the Firm’s businesses while maintaining a strong risk profile. The group includes Operations, Funding, Finance and Risk Technology.
- Corporate improves our operating environment and is made up of Legal, Compliance & Corporate Governance, Digital & Corporate Communications and Human Resources Technology groups.
- Client Financing platforms provide technology and service to our hedge fund and Asia high-net-worth clients. Groups include Prime Brokerage, Private Wealth Management Asia and Counterparty Risk Technology.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a talented Chaos Engineering Developer to join our team of highly skilled, industry-leading software engineers.
If you are a developer - who is passionate about system resiliency, application architecture and infrastructure components - then this is a fantastic opportunity for you as you will be responsible for strategizing, implementing and growing our new Chaos & Resiliency practice starting in the Payments & Settlements area of the Firm.
Candidate will be required to:
- Understand the target application platform (code, supporting infrastructure and execution environment)
- Design and code a suite of tools that simulates random failures in the target application
- Code tools that attests to a system’s ability to auto-recover to a “Business As Usual” state following a set of failure events
- Code and integrate Chaos & Resiliency experiments in a Continuous Integration frame as part of the development and release process
Technical Skills Required
- 5+ years in Software Development and / or QA automation
- Expert in multi-tiered distributed technology architectures; micro services, application deployment patterns, inter-process communication protocols (http, tcp, message, queues), enterprise compute environment: virtual machines, operating systems fundamentals, network fundamentals, distributed file systems Etc.
- Self-starter; ability to code and learn new tools with minimal supervision
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to create environment provisioning solutions using Ansible, Cloudify or similar products
- Experience in developing solutions in a public cloud environment using containers E.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, IBM SoftLayer Etc.
- Ability to code in any modern Resiliency / Chaos Engineering test frameworks
- Proficient in traditional Relational Databases and SQL E.g Sybase, DB2, Oracle, Postgres
- Knowledge of financial services
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.